Razer took the stage at the ongoing CES 2023 to announce the new generation of Blade gaming laptops. Unveiled at the event are the new Blade 16 and Blade 18 — both new addition as Razer only offered 15” and 16” models prior to this. In this article, we will be discuss the Razer Blade 16 in more detail, including the specs, features, expected price and availability in Nepal.
Razer Blade 16 Overview:
The main highlight of the new Razer Blade 16 is the dual-display mode. This gaming laptop comes with a 16” Mini LED screen with switchable resolutions and refresh rates. You can switch between 240Hz FHD and 120Hz 4K modes. The latter even boosts the peak brightness to 1000 nits, up from 600 nits on the former. So, the 4K mode will come in handy in content creation, while the FHD mode will give users an edge in competitive gaming.
However, the dual-display mode is available in select configurations. For the most part, Razer Blade 16 will ship with a 16” QHD+ IPS screen with 240Hz and a 16:10 aspect ratio. The screen still covers 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut and has a peak brightness of 500 nits. It may not sound as exciting as the Mini LED version, but it isn’t a bad option either.
Design and Build
Despite having a bigger 16:10 display, the new Blade 16 is not considerably bigger than last year’s Blade 15. It has almost the same width but is 5mm thicker and slightly heavier at 5.4 pounds. It comes in a CNC-milled aluminum chassis with an anodized finish on top. The laptop even has the iconic Razer logo on top of the matte black aluminum.
The ports are distributed on the two sides. On the right, there is a Thunderbolt 4, a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, an HDMI, a MicroSD card slot, and a Kensington security lock. On the other side, Razer has included two USB-A, one USB-C, a combined audio jack, and a power-in.
You might also like:
- Acer Predator Helios 18 announced with 18-inch display, Raptor Lake processors
- Acer updates its Nitro series gaming laptops with 13th Gen CPU, RTX 40-series GPU
- Legion Pro 7 series unveiled with up to RTX 4090, AI optimization chip
CPU and GPU
Inside, the new Razer Blade 16 packs the 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13950HX processor with 24 cores, 32 threads, and clock speeds of up to 5.5GHz. It is paired with a number of NVIDIA RTX 40-series GPUs, starting with the RTX 4060 (140W) on the base variant. In addition, Razer also provides the option of RTX 4070 (140W), RTX 4080 (175W), and RTX 4090 (175W). All the variants of the Blade 16 ship with NVIDIA Studio drivers by default for creators.
The Blade 16 ships with 16GB or 32GB of DDR5 memory and 1TB or 2TB of M.2 SSD by default. However, you can upgrade it to 64GB of DDR5-5600 RAM and 4TB storage.
Rest of the Specs
Feuling the new Razer Blade 16 is a 95.2Whr battery, and it ships with a 280W GaN power adapter. For audio, it has a quad-speaker array consisting of two tweeters and two sub-woofers. The FHD webcam has an IR sensor for Windows Hello authentication and a privacy shutter. For inputs, you get a per-key RGB N-key rollover keyboard with Razer Chroma and a Windows Precision touchpad.
Razer Blade Stealth 16 (2023) Specifications:
- Design & Build: Unibody aluminum build, 9.61W x 13.98D x 0.60H-inches, 2.45 kg, Black with illuminated Razer logo
- IPS: 16″ QHD matte, 240Hz refresh rate, 500 nits
- Mini LED:16″ FHD 240Hz / QHD 120Hz, 600nits / 100 nits
- Resolution: QHD / FHD, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Keyboard: Per-Key N-Key Rollover RGB keyboard (Razer Chroma),
- Trackpad: Windows Precision drivers
- Processor: 13th Intel Core i9-13950HX CPU, Raptor Lake, 24C/32T, 5.6GHz Max Boost Frequency
- RAM: 16/32GB DDR5-5600 RAM in dual-channel (up to 64GB)
- Storage: 1TB/2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (up to 4TB)
- Graphics: up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 (16GB DDR6, 175W TGP)
- Audio: 4 Speakers + 2 Smart amps, 2 mic array
- Battery: 4-cell 95.2 Watt-hours (6182mAh)
- Power Supply: 280W GaN Power Adapter
- Webcam: FHD IR camera, Privacy Shutter, Windows Hello certified
- Connectivity: Intel Killer WiFi 6E AX211 802.11
- I/O Ports: Thunderbolt 4, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ,3x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1x HDMI 2.1, 1x UHS II SD card reader, 1x combined audio jack
Razer Blade 16 Price in Nepal and Availability
The new Blade 16 will be available for purchase through Razer’s official site from Q1 of 2023. The price starts at USD 2,699.99. It is not clear if it will be available in Nepal. We will update you with the exact specifications, features, official price, and availability if Razer Blade 16 launches in Nepal.
|Razer Blade Series||Starting Price||Availability|
|Razer Blade 16 (2023)||USD 2700||Q1 2023|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Razer Blade Stealth 13 (Late 2020).