Xiaomi has introduced a 4G version of the Redmi Note 12 in the European market. As tipped earlier, the phone features the new Snapdragon 685 SoC under the hood alongside a 120Hz AMOLED screen. So, in this article, let’s look at the specs, features, and expected price of the Redmi Note 12 4G in Nepal.
Redmi Note 12 4G Overview:
Design and Display
The design of the smartphone is quite identical to its 5G sibling. You get a flat frame design with a hole-punch cutout in the front. And the button placements are also at the same spots. As a budget smartphone, it’s unsurprising that the Redmi Note 12 4G has a plastic body. But it does bag an IP53 rating against dust and minor water splashes.
The back panel is home to a rectangular module housing a triple camera setup. At the bottom, the phone has a USB Type-C port and a headphone jack. The phone retains an IR blaster and is available in Ice Blue, Onyx Grey, and Mint Green color options.
Moving on, the device sports a 6.67-inch AMOLED screen with a 120Hz refresh rate. The punch hole panel boasts a Full HD+ resolution. Similarly, you get Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 100% DCI-P3 coverage, and a peak brightness of 1200 nits.
- Also read:
Snapdragon 685 Chipset
Inside, the Redmi Note 12 4G is the first phone to pack the new Snapdragon 685 SoC. It is a 6nm-based chipset with four Cortex-A73 (@2.8GHz) and four Cortex-A53 (@1.9GHz) cores. And handling the graphics is the Adreno 610 GPU. So, basically, it is an overclocked version of the Snapdragon 680 found in last year’s Redmi Note 11.
Besides that, the phone boots on MIUI 14, built on top of Android 13. Regarding memory configurations, there are four options to choose from, 4/64GB, 4/128GB, 6/128GB, and 8/128GB. You can also expand the storage via a microSD card.
Coming to the optics, the phone sports a triple camera setup. The primary camera is a 50MP Samsung JN1 shooter, accompanied by an 8MP ultrawide and 2MP depth sensing unit. For selfies and video calls, there is a 13MP snapper upfront.
Rest of the Specs
The smartphone gets its juice from a 5000mAh Li-Po cell with support for 33W fast charging. Other connectivity options include 4G, WiFi 5, Bluetooth 5.2, and USB Type-C port.
Redmi Note 12 4G Specifications:
- Body: 165.66 x 75.96 x 7.85mm, 183.5gm, IP53 dust/water resistant
- Display: 6.67 AMOLED DotDisplay panel, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 1200 nits (peak), 120Hz refresh rate
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 395 PPI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 685 4G (6nm Mobile Platform)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.8 GHz Kryo 265 Gold & 6×1.9 GHz Kryo 265 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4/6/8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64/128GB UFS 2.2 storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: MIUI 14 on top of Android 13
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera;
– 50MP Samsung ISOCELL JN1, f/1.8 primary lens
– 8MP, f/2.2 ultrawide lens
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro sensor
– LED flash
- Front Camera: 13MP, f/2.45 lens (punch-hole)
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 5000mAh with 33W charging (33W charger inside the box)
- Color options: Ice Blue, Onyx Grey, Mint Green
Redmi Note 12 4G Price in Nepal
Xiaomi has launched the Redmi Note 12 in the European market with a starting price of EUR 229.99. This converts to NPR 32,923 in local currency. However, Redmi Note 12 pricing will likely be lower in Nepal when it launches here since European pricing is generally higher than in the South Asian region. We will have a clearer idea of the Redmi Note 12’s Nepali pricing when the phone launches in India next week.
Redmi Note 12 4G
Official Price in Europe
Price in Nepal (Converted)
- Meanwhile, check out our review of Redmi Note 12 5G.