At its current price, Samsung’s Galaxy S21 remains one of the greatest flagship phones of 2021. However, if you’re not considering Android smartphones owing to their privacy concerns, you should look into this. Sirin Labs, a cybersecurity firm based in Israel, has launched the Sirin V3, which is Galaxy S21 but with enhanced security features. So, let’s go into the specifications, features, price, and availability of Sirin V3.
Sirin V3 Overview:
As aforementioned, the V3 is equivalent to the Galaxy S21. So I’ll keep things short and sweet when it comes to its design, display, and other hardware details.
Design and Display
To begin with, the display is a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel with a centered punch-hole cutout for the selfie-shooter. The screen features an FHD+ resolution and is protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass Victus.
At the back, the camera bump housing the triple camera extends from the metal frame of the device.
Under the hood, the device is available in two chipset configurations depending on the region: Snapdragon 888 (US) and Exynos 2100 (Global). Over on the memory side of things, Sirin V3 is offered in a single variant with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.
- Also Read:
According to the company’s press release, Sirin V3 has a Dual-Persona mode that allows users to seamlessly switch between a personal mode and a work mode. The personal mode provides “complete user autonomy and strong baseline security,” and the workplace mode “keeps user data and professional communications safe from bad actors”. Moreover, these modes are built on the Samsung Knox security platform.
In its entirety, the personal mode allows users to download apps (only from the Play Store) with improved virus and malware security. It can also prohibit, whitelist, and blacklist apps, as well as numerous possibly harmful features. Some of these include USB debugging, Safe Mode, Factory Reset, and Download-Mode.
Work Space mode, on the other hand, provides military-grade encrypted calls and messaging services as well as end-to-end encryption of applications and data. Furthermore, under this, one cannot install any additional app. Instead, it comes pre-loaded with a selection of applications and that’s it. Similarly, neither mode allows you to take screenshots.
Sirin V3 Specifications:
- Body: 151.7 x 71.2 x 7.9 mm, 169g, IP68 certification, Glastic Back
- Display: 6.2-inches “Infinity-O” Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel, 120Hz, Gorilla Glass Victus
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: (US: Snapdragon 888 | Global: Exynos 2100)
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Rear Camera: Triple (12MP primary with OS, 12MP ultra-wide, 64MP telephoto with OIS)
- Front Camera: 10MP f/2.2 with DPAF (punch-hole)
- Security: Samsung Knox, Personal mode, Work Space mode
- Audio: Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital/Plus
- Battery: 4000mAh with 25W fast charging
Sirin V3 Price and Availability
Sirin V3 will undoubtedly need you to dig deep into your wallet, as it costs USD 2,650. To compare, that is USD 800 more than the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 foldable phone. To order the device, you can head to the company’s official website.
|Sirin V3||Price in the US|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of Samsung Galaxy S21 and S21+.