Vivo is back with the new V-series — the Vivo V17 Pro. It is the successor of the Vivo V15 Pro which was the highest-selling midrange smartphone in India, Nepal, and other Asian markets. Vivo is aiming to repeat similar success with the Vivo V17 Pro. The phone got launched on the 20th of Sept in India. And in less than a month, Vivo Nepal brought the phone in the Nepali market.
The Vivo V17 Pro has a 6.44-inch FullHD+ display with a 20:9 aspect ratio. The Super AMOLED display covers 100% DCI-P3 color gamut. Also, it is also protected by Schott Xensation UP glass. On the back, there’s a Gorilla Glass 6 protection too.
The front is nearly bezel-less and Vivo calls it Ultra FullView Display. There’s a pop-up selfie camera which is twice as wide as other popup cameras. It houses a dual camera of 32MP primary and 8MP ultra-wide. The front camera is also covered by sapphire glass.
There’s an in-display fingerprint sensor, which is fast and accurate like the Vivo V15. The back houses quad-camera setup. The first sensor is a 48MP Sony IMX582 lens, the same lens seen on the Redmi K20. The second lens is an 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor which can also do 2.5cm Super Macro shots. The third lens is a 13MP 2X telephoto zoom lens, and the fourth one is a 2MP depth sensor.
Powering the Vivo V17 Pro is an underwhelming Snapdragon 675 SoC which is the same one found in the V15 Pro, so no performance leap. This is one area where Vivo could improve on, maybe include a Snapdragon 730 or Helio G90T. For instance, you can get Snapdragon 855 powered Redmi K20 Pro at a similar price range. In terms of memory, there’s 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. Running the show is the Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
There’s 4100mAh battery and Vivo has finally included a Type-C port with 18W fast charging. It is available in two color options: Midnight Ocean and Glacier Ice colors.
Vivo V17 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.44-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 Super AMOLED with 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, Schott Xensation UP glass protection
- Chipset: Snapdragon 675
- CPU: 2×2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver
- GPU: Adreno 612 GPU
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- ROM: 128GB UFS 2.1 storage
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Funtouch OS 9.1
- SIM: Dual (nano + nano)
- Back Cameras:
– 48MP primary camera with f/1.78 aperture, Sony IMX582 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, 6P lens, Dual LED flash
– 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 2.5cm Super Macro
– 13MP Telephoto lens for 2X optical zoom, 10X digital zoom, f/2.5 aperture
– 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Cameras:
– 32MP wide-angle front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
– 8MP 105° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 74.7x159x9.8mm
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C port, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 4100mAh with 18W Dual-Engine Fast charging
Also Read: Vivo Mobiles Price in Nepal
Vivo V17 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
Talking about the price, the phone will cost Rs. 52,490 in the Nepali market. But since the Vivo phones come with a fair bit of discounts, you can get the phone under Rs. 50,000 Vivo V17 Pro is available for purchase from selected retail stores.