At the “Leap Beyond the Moment” event, Xiaomi unveiled the Xiaomi 14, Xiaomi 14 Pro, and HyperOS. Sharing identicality with the vanilla model, the Xiaomi 14 Pro brings some extra goodies such as the USB 3.2 Gen 2 port, Dragon Crystal glass, and Titanium frame. Without further ado, let’s get into the specs, features, and expected price of the Xiaomi 14 Pro in Nepal.
Xiaomi 14 Pro Overview:
The Xiaomi 14 Pro shares a similar design language to its vanilla sibling. You get the boxy frames with curved edges and the same squarish protruding camera module with Leica branding. However, the “Pro” moniker signifies a bigger body and better build. There is an exclusive variant of this device with a titanium frame like the iPhone 15 Pro Max. Likewise, there is an IP68 rating against dust and water drips. Xiaomi ships this guy in four shades: White, Black, Green and Titanium.
Dragon Crystal Glass
What’s even better is the Dragon Crystal Glass, an in-house protective layer for the Xiaomi 14 Pro’s display which is available for both regular and titanium variants. Made up of lithium oxide, silicon dioxide, aluminum oxide, zirconium oxide, phosphorus pentoxide, and sodium oxide, the glass has 25nm-sized nanocrystals providing 10 times higher drop resistance.
Talking of the display, it is a 6.7-inch curved C8 LTPO AMOLED panel with a 120Hz refresh rate, a 2K resolution, 1920Hz PWM dimming, and a whopping 3000 nits of peak brightness. Other than that, it bags HDR10+ and Dolby Vision certifications.
Snapdragon 8 Gen 3
The Xiaomi 14 Pro becomes the world’s first smartphone powered by the flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC. This newly launched chipset packs a heft of a performance punch with a prime Cortex-X4 core clocking at 3.3GHz, five Cortex-A720 cores at 3.2GHz, and two A520 cores running at 2.3GHz frequency. Handling the graphics is Adreno 750 GPU. Fear not, there is a gas-liquid separation channel for heat dissipation as well.
Memory-wise, the Xiaomi 14 Pro is available in three variants: 12/256GB, 16/512GB, and 16GB/1TB. Likewise, booting the smartphone is HyperOS built on top of Android 14.
One of the key USPs here has to be none other than the Leica cameras. The Hunter 900 50MP main camera of this phone arrives with a variable f/1.42 – f/4.0 aperture, allowing more flexibility for depth of field and bokeh controls.
Over on the front, there is a 32MP snapper for selfies and taking video calls.
- Also Read:
Rest of the Specs
Moving on, the smartphone is fueled by a 4880mAh battery with 120W wired, 50W wireless, and 10W reverse wireless charging support. Connectivity options include 5G, WiFi 7, Bluetooth 5.4, USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps), GPS and NFC. Moreover, you get an indisplay fingerprint scanner for biometrics security.
Xiaomi 14 Pro Specifications:
- Body: 161.4 x 75.3 x 8.5mm, 223/230 gm; IP68 rating
- Display: 6.73″ C8 AMOLED curved panel, 120Hz LTPO refresh rate, Up to 240Hz touch sampling rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 3000 nits peak brightness, 12-bit colors
- Resolution: WQHD+ (3200 x 1440 pixels)
- Display Protection: Xiaomi Longjing Glass
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 (4nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 8/12/16GB LPDDR5X RAM, 128/256/512GB/1TB UFS 4.0 storage
- Software & UI: Android 14 with Xiaomi’s HyperOS on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 50MP, f/1.42-f/4.0 aperture, OIS
– 50MP f/2.2 ultra-wide lens, 115º FOV
– 50M f/2 telephoto lens, OIS, 3.2X optical zoom
- Front Camera: 32MP sensor (punch-hole cutout)
- Audio: Dual speaker setup, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res & Hi-Res Wireless
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Battery: 4880mAh
- Charging: 120W wired, 50W wireless, 10W reverse wireless
Xiaomi 14 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
In China, the Xiaomi 14 Pro retails at the starting price of CNY 4,999 for the base 12/256GB version. We expect the Xiaomi 14 Pro price in Nepal to begin from NPR 114,999 when it makes it here.
|Xiaomi 14 Pro||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|12/256GB||CNY 4,999||NPR 114,999|
|16/512GB||CNY 5,499||NPR 129,999|
|16GB/1TB||CNY 5,999||NPR 141,999|
|16GB/1TB (Titanium)||CNY 6,499||NPR 153,999|
- Meanwhile, you can check our iPhone 15 review.