Heads up Mi fans cause the Xiaomi MI A3 is finally in the town. The Mi A3 is the third Android One smartphone from the company and will be among the selected firsts to get the Android 10 update. Just a mid-ranger with Android One experience, or is there more to it? Let’s look at some of its key features and decide for ourselves.
The device has a 6.01-inch Super AMOLED display. The screen supports the HD+ resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels. Considering the fact that its predecessors, the Mi A1, and A2’s full HD+ panels, the screen on this one is a major downgrade. Furthermore, the screen has a waterdrop notch to house the front camera. However, the AMOLED screen does mean the inclusion of an in-display fingerprint sensor.
Despite being a mid-ranger, the phone has a very sleek design. It measures 153.5 x 71.9 x 8.5mm in size and weighs around 173.8 grams. The edges are pretty smooth and the device has a glass back. So, in terms of design, Xiaomi Mi A3 is a clear winner as compared to its predecessor. Adding to the niceties, you get Gorilla Glass 5 protection both on the front and on rear panels.
The device uses the Snapdragon 665 SoC. It is an octa-core chipset with Kryo 260 cores. It will be available in both 4GB as well as a 6GB RAM variants. And on both of them, the onboard storage will be of 64GB and 128GB respectively. The Mi A3 is powered by a 4030mAh battery with Quick Charge 3. That is, the device supports an 18W fast charging.
Talking about the cameras, the rear cam as a triple camera setup. It consists of a 48 MP primary sensor an 8 MP ultra-wide lens and a 2 MP depth sensor. The ultra-wide lens on it supports a 118-degree field of view (FOV). Upfront, the selfie shooter is a powerful 32 MP selfie shooter.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal
Xiaomi Mi A3 Specifications
- Design: Glass body front and back, Aluminum frame
- Display: 6.01″ Super AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Resolution: HD+ resolution (720 x 1560 pixels) @ 286 PPI
- Rear Camera: Triple, 48 MP primary lens with f/1.8 aperture + 8 MP Ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 32 MP f/2.0 aperture
- OS: Android 9.0; Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665; 11nm platform
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB; Expandable up to 256GB via SD card slot
- Battery: 4030 mAh, 18-W Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Xiaomi MI A3 Price and Availability:
As for the price, the base variant of the device (4/64GB) will cost you Rs. 23,999. Similarly, the higher-end model is priced at Rs. 27,999. Since MI Nepal had launched the Redmi K20 and K20 Pro at the aggressive pricing, we were quite hopeful that the company would do the same this time around. But that’s not the case here.
At this price, the device looks quite underwhelming. You get a sharp Full-HD display and capable processor on Redmi Note 7 Pro, which just costs Rs. 24,999 (4/64GB). So just by adding Rs. 1,000 more, you get a better value from the Note 7 Pro. But if you want that extra ultra-wide-angle lens and in-display fingerprint scanner, you can still consider the MI A3.
Talking about the availability, the phone is said to be available for purchase starting from 11th of September.