Alongside the Redmi 8, Xiaomi Nepal has also launched the Redmi 8A. The Redmi 8A is a toned-down version of the Redmi 8 (Rs. 14,999). It will be available for purchase from the 12th of November via 900+ Mi Stores and online e-commerce platforms like Daraz and Sastodeal.
The most noticeable thing about the phone is its design. Unlike the Redmi 7A, there is no bezel on the top. You get a tiny waterdrop style notch on the display. And talking about the display, the Redmi 8A flaunts a 6.2-inch IPS panel, which is a decent upgrade over its predecessor. But in terms of resolution, it’s the same story. You get the same HD+ display. Despite that similarity, what’s genuinely impressive on the phone is the inclusion of Gorilla Glass 5. With this toughened glass atop the display, the phone is quite resistant to cracks and scratches.
On the performance front, there is Snapdragon 439 chipset, which was also used on the Redmi 7A. In terms of memory, there are 2/32GB and 3/32GB options. Both these variants are available in Nepal. Nonetheless, you get a dedicated SD card slot on the board, which lets you expand the memory up to 256GB.
Talking about cameras, the rear camera module uses a 12MP sensor. Since the rear camera uses the Sony IMX363 sensor with Dual phase-detection feature, Xiaomi is promising “flagship-level camera performance”, but we will see that on our review. The rear camera supports features such as digital zoom, auto flash, face detection and touch to focus.
Similarly, on the front, you get an 8MP selfie shooter. Since the phone lacks a fingerprint scanner, you will have to make use of the Face Unlock feature, which uses the selfie cam.
When it comes to software, the phone boots on Android Pie out of the box with MIUI 10 on the top. But it’s will be only a matter of time that the phone will receive the recently announced MIUI 11 update.
But the major highlight of this device is its massive battery. The phone houses a massive 5000mAh battery with 18-watt fast charging support. However, the phone comes with a 10-watt charger inside the box. And another impressive thing about the charging port is that there is a USB Type-C port thing time around. And it’s really impressive, especially, for a budget phone.
Further, the Xiaomi Redmi 8A is a splash-proof device with a P2i rating. The phone is also equipped with a 3.5mm headphone jack and dual SIM support.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Specifications:
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Resolution: HD+ resolution (720 x 1520 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio @ 271 PPI
- Rear Camera: Single, 12 MP Sony IMX363 sensor with f/1.9 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 & 6×1.45 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 505
- RAM: 2/3 GB
- Storage: 32 GB, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card (dedicated slot)
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- Features: 3.55 headphone jack, splash resistant (P2i Rating)
- Battery: 5000 mAh; 18-watt fast charging support; USB Type-C Port
- Color Options: Sunset Red, Ocean Blue, and Midnight Black
- Xiaomi Redmi 8A Price in Nepal (2+32GB): Rs. 11,999
- Xiaomi Redmi 8A Price in Nepal (3+32GB): Rs. 12,999
Also Read: Xiaomi Mobiles Price in Nepal
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Price in Nepal & Availability
Talking about the price, the base variant (2/32GB) is priced at Rs. 11,999 in Nepal. Similarly, the 3/32GB variant will set you back Rs. 12,999. The phone comes in Sunset Red, Ocean Blue, and Midnight Black colors.