GOOD NEWS LG G2 USERS !!!
The Android Kitkat 4.4 is now available to LG G2 users (Korean,International and Carrier based). You just need to use the official LG Update Tool- “LG Mobile Support Tool” which you need to download on your computer instead of the over-the-air service (OTA) on your phone. The update brings you the latest Android OS version-“KIKAT” with all of its improvements including faster performance, better battery life, plus enhanced Knock On feature.
WHAT DOES THE UPDATE BRING?
- Improved user interface : The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, improved closed captioning support, and stronger security.
- Improved battery efficiency: the phone plays music more efficiently and supports the battery-saving location mode, extending battery life.
- Faster processing speed: The latest version of Android provides a noticeable speed boost that runs applications 17 percent faster than before and web-browsing speed is mproved with the Chromium engine.
- Printing in the Cloud: Google Cloud Printer makes it simple to print documents via Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth connection.
- Enhanced “Knock On” feature: The responsiveness of LG’s Knock On feature has been improved.
The update is rolling out gradually so it might take a few days or weeks to arrive here in Nepal. However,you can force the update by following these steps:
1.Click menu / settings / apps
2.swipe over to the “All” category
3.scroll down for Google Services Framework and click it
4.click “clear cache” and “clear data”
6.go into your dialer
7.type in: *#*#2432546#*#*
8.wait for the notification “checkin succeeded”
9.Now go to settings->About device->Software update and try checking for your update
NOTE: This process might be risky and may cause problems on your smartphone. Bear your own risk.
You can check our honest Review of LG G2 here: REVIEW OF LG G2 NEPAL