Garmin, a veteran in the fitness smartwatch space, recently unveiled two of its newest additions to the “Venu” series. The Venu 3 and 3S smartwatches offer AMOLED displays, lots of health monitoring features, and reliable battery life. So without any further delay, let’s get right into the features, specifications, and price in Nepal of the Garmin Venu 3 and Venu 3S smartwatches.
Garmin Venu 3 and 3S Overview:
Let’s start off fresh with the new “Wheelchair” mode. Garmin Venu 3 and 3S optimize the recorded data, counting pushes instead of steps and sending weight shift alerts. They also offer wheelchair-specific apps and exercises including yoga, cardio, HITT, pilates, and strength workouts. Garmin says it has also tweaked its existing algorithms to provide useful key insights and tailored advice for wheelchair users.
Moving to the design, not much has changed here. The Venu 3S is available in a 41mm case whereas the Venu 3 is slightly larger at 45mm. And they take 18mm and 22mm bands, respectively. The bigger case on the Venu 3 also means it sports a larger 1.4″ AMOLED screen compared to the 1.2″ AMOLED on the 3S. It also has better endurance but more on that later.
- Also Read:
- Garmin Epix Pro launched in India with up to 31 days of battery life
- Garmin Fenix 7 Pro launched with solar charging and a built-in flashlight
Garmin is known for its in-depth wellness features. And these guys are no exception either. Both the Venu 3 and 3S come with a bunch of fitness features as mentioned below:
- Morning report: Provides an overview of sleep, recovery, HRV (Heart Rate Variation) status, and more upon waking up.
- Body Battery improvements: Monitors energy levels throughout the day and suggests the best times for activity and rest. Also provides insight into how sleep, naps, daily activities, and high stress specifically impact energy levels.
- Workout benefit and recovery time: Helps better understand how each workout affects the body and how much time is needed to recover to take on any fitness challenge.
- Rate of perceived exertion: Records how difficult a workout was and how it felt.
- Interval creation: To build interval workouts for running and cycling activities.
- Meditation activity: Guided meditation practices to help reduce stress, anxiety, and more.
- Nap detection: The new Venu 3 and 3S smartwatches can automatically track or log naps to see how they may benefit the body and the suggested time and duration they should be.
- Wheelchair mode: As discussed above, it tracks daily pushes and also sends weight shift alerts.
- Built-in speaker and microphone: The Venu 2 lacked a speaker and mic but that has been added on with the Venu 3 series. Now, you can make and take calls right from the watch (when paired with a compatible smartphone) and use the smartphone’s voice assistant to respond to text messages and more. Those with an Android phone can also view photo messages and respond to texts using the on-watch keyboard.
- In-depth sleep tracking: In addition to the basic sleep monitoring and sleep score on Venu 2, Garmin Venu 3 and 3S now offer a sleep coach that provides personalized coaching for how much sleep is recommended and keeps track of different sleep stages, naps, and other key metrics such as SpO2 and HRV status.
Battery life and Extras
Despite all the new features, battery life hasn’t taken a hit on these smartwatches. In smartwatch mode, the Venu 3 will last you up to 14 days (compared to 11 days on the Venu 2), while the smaller Venu 3S promises up to 10 days of endurance.
Garmin Venu 3 and Venu 3S Specifications:
- Body: Glass front, Stainless steel bezel, Fiber-reinforced polymer case, Silicone strap
- Venu 3: 45 x 45 x 12mm (45mm)
- Venu 3S: 41 x 41 x 12mm (41mm)
- Venu 3: 1.4-inch AMOLED, 454 x 454 pixels
- Venu 3S: 1.2-inch AMOLED, 390 x 390 pixels
- Storage: 8GB
- Battery: (in smartwatch mode)
- Venu 3: Up to 14 days
- Venu 3S: Up to 10 days
- Water Resistance: Yes, 5ATM rated
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light, Barometric altimeter, Compass, Gyroscope, Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate monitor, Pulse Ox SpO2 monitor
- Navigation: Yes, with GPS / Glonass / Galileo
- Health features: Heart rate, SpO2, Body Battery Energy, Nap detection, Sleep, Women’s Health, Jet Lag adviser, etc.
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, ANT+
- Companion app: Garmin Connect (Android | iOS)
Garmin Venu 3 and Venu 3S Price in Nepal and Availability
The new Garmin Venu 3 and 3S smartwatches are already available in the US for USD 450 (or EUR 500 in Europe). If they make it here, we expect the Garmin Venu 3 and 3S price in Nepal to be around NPR 70,000.
|Garmin Venu smartwatches||Price in the US||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Venu 3, 45mm||USD 450||NPR 70,000|
|Venu 3S, 41mm||USD 450||NPR 70,000|
- Meanwhile, check our Redmi Watch 3 Active review