HTC unveiled their midrange smartphone “HTC desire 816” in the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MCW2014). It is now available for pre-order in the European countries but should be available in the future here in Nepal. HTC desire 816 will cost around NRP 35000 and could be the best smartphone under this category by country mile.
HTC desire sports a 5.5 inch IPS LCD screen with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels with a pixel density of 267 ppi. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8928) chipset with a Quad-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A7 processor and Adreno 305 GPU. With a RAM of 1.5 GB and 8 GB of build in storage with expandable memory slot up to 128GB, this would be a great value for money. It has a 13MP camera on the back and 5MP on the front. This device comes with Kitkat 4.2 with the new HTC Sense UI v5.5.
“HTC desire 816 is a plastic designed HTC one “
It certainly outperforms the Samsung Galaxy grand 2 which falls on the same price category. We recommend you to buy HTC desire 816 rather than the over hyped Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 .
- Nano-SIM with LTE
- OS: Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Screen: 5.5-inch 720×1280 display (267 ppi)
- Camera: 13 MP rear facing with LED flash , 5 MP front facing
- Memory: 8 GB internal storage with microSD option up to 128 GB
- RAM: 1.5 GB
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, 1.6GHz
- GPU: Adreno 305
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS support and GLONASS
- Battery: 2600 mAh (Non-removable)
- Boom Sound functionality.
- color variants : white, black, red, yellow and purple
We can see what HTC is trying to do it here. They want to give consumers the high end specs, a better camera and a good battery life with a price that a mid-range user can experience.However unlike the HTC one, it has a plastic design and may feel cheap.But it’s all to cut the budget 🙂 We are very desperate to see this smartphone in Nepal soon. We will provide you the news as soon as it arrives here in Nepal.