People loved the OnePlus 5, no doubt about that. But the 6GB/64GB variant was the only version available in Nepal which was indeed a put off to some. After a couple of months of wait, Daraz has officially listed the 8GB/128GB variant of the OnePlus 5 on their website, which is up for booking.
OnePlus 5: Everything you need to know
The top end 8 GB RAM variant of the current OnePlus flagship will cost you Rs 69,500. The 64GB variant, which comes with 6GB RAM, is currently listed at Rs 59,499. So, with an addition of Rs. 10,000, you get 64GB more storage, and 2GB of extra RAM. Daraz is throwing in a OnePlus case, a OnePlus V2 headphone and Ncell’s 200mb data per week for 12 weeks with the 8 GB RAM version.
Do keep in mind that OnePlus 5 is the only smartphone in Nepal to have 8 GB RAM on the inside. That surely opens up your bragging rights to another level if that’s your thing.
Except for the RAM and storage, rest of the specs remain the same. You get the same 5.5″ Full HD Optic AMOLED display, Snapdragon 835 SoC, dual camera setup and a 3300mAh battery. The phone currently operates on Android Nougat, with Android Oreo update right around the corner.
So what do you think of this high-end variant of the OnePlus 5? Is this upgrade worth the Rs. 10,000 price hike? Do you think this device can keep up with the likes of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or the upcoming iPhone 8? Let us know in the comments down below.
OnePlus 5 in a nutshell:
- 5.5-inch, full HD Optic AMOLED display
- Android v7.1.1 Nougat with Oxygen OS
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 6/8 GB of RAM
- 64/128 GB Internal Storage
- Rear-facing cameras: 16 MP sensor with f/1.7 aperture and EIS + 20 MP sensor with f/2.6 aperture
- Front-facing camera: 16 MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture
- 3,300 mAh battery with Dash Charge support
- Front-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Color(s) available: Midnight Black, Slate Gray
- OnePlus 5 Price in Nepal (8GB/128GB): Rs. 69,500