Oppo first entered the tablet market with the Oppo Pad last year, followed by the Pad Air. Following their success, the company has launched Oppo Pad 2 in China today. Let’s take a look at what the Oppo Pad 2 has to offer, including its features, specifications, and expected price in Nepal.
Oppo Pad 2 Overview:
Based on the design and specifications, the Oppo Pad 2 appears to be a rebranded version of the OnePlus Pad, which will be available in the global market in April.
Design and Display
Design-wise, the Oppo Pad 2 is made of metal and has rounded corners. It weighs approximately 552 gm and is impressively thin at just 6.54 mm. Furthermore, this tablet has a polished back design that does not pick up fingerprints easily. You can buy this tablet in two colors: Nebula Gray and Light Feather Gold. There are also POGO pins on the left frame to connect Oppo’s “Smart Touch Keyboard” accessory.
In terms of display, we get an 11.61-inch LTPS LCD panel with a smooth 144Hz refresh rate. Furthermore, it sports a 2K resolution (2800 x 2000 pixels) along with a 7:5 aspect ratio. Oppo says the Pad 2’s screen achieves a peak brightness of 500 nits.
Oppo also claims that this display has impressive color accuracy with ΔE<2. This tablet supports both Dolby Atmos audio and Dolby Vision HDR for enhanced content consumption too. You can also use Oppo Pencil (with 2ms latency) here to boost your productivity. But neither the keyboard nor the stylus ship with the tablet itself.
- Also read:
- Retroid Pocket Flip is a portable gaming console with a clamshell design
- Huawei promises a lighter, durable foldable phone with the Mate X3
- Xiaomi 13 Lite with Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 is coming soon to Nepal
Under the hood, Oppo Pad 2 is powered by a flagship-grade MediaTek Dimensity 9000 5G (4nm) chipset. And when it comes to memory, this tablet is available with 8/12GB LPDDR5 RAM and either 256/512GB UFS 3.1 storage options. In terms of OS, we get Android 13-based ColorOS 13.1 out of the box.
Rest of the specs
At the back, there is a single 13MP f/2.2 camera inside a rather distinct circular module. A front-facing 8MP camera is available for video conferencing and selfies. Oppo Pad 2 is fueled by a 9510mAh battery with 67W SuperVOOC charging. It doesn’t have a fingerprint reader onboard, so the biometrics option on this tablet is just face unlock. There’s no cellular connectivity either, while it does support tri-band WiFi 6.
Oppo Pad 2 Specifications:
- Body: 258.03 x 189.39 x 6.54mm, 552 gm
- Display: 11.61-inches LTPS LCD panel, 144Hz refresh rate, 144Hz touch sampling rate, Dolby Vision, 500 nits brightness (typ)
- Resolution: 2K (2800 x 2000 pixels), 7:5 aspect ratio, 296 PPI
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 9000 5G (4nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 8/12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256/512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software & UI: Android 13 with ColorOS 13.1 on top
- Rear Camera: Single (13MP f/2.2)
- Front Camera: Single (8MP f/2.0)
- Audio: Quad-speaker setup, Dolby Atmos
- Connectivity: Tri-band WiFi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth 5.3, USB 2.0 Type-C
- Battery: 9510mAh with 67W fast charging
- Accessories: Smart Magnetic Keyboard, Oppo Pencil (not included in the box)
- Color Options: Nebula Gray, Light Feather Gold
Oppo Pad 2 Price in Nepal and Availability
This tablet is currently exclusive to China at a starting price of CNY 2,999 for 8/256GB and CNY 3,999 for the high-end 12/512GB. There’s no word on global availability yet but we expect the starting price of Oppo Pad 2 in Nepal to be NPR 65,999 if and when it launches here.
|Oppo Pad 2||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8/256GB||CNY 2,999||NPR 65,999|
|12/256GB||CNY 3,399||NPR 74,999|
|12/512GB||CNY 3,999||NPR 87,999|
- Meanwhile, check our review of the Redmi Pad.