The Pocophone F1 is probably the best smartphone on the market right now. If you love a good bargain, well this is it. It’s just praisable in every way possible, be it the performance, cameras, display or the battery. But what makes it so compelling, the deal sealer if you will, is its pricing. For just Rs 34,999 the phone packs so much, no other cellular device even comes close. With Samsung’s M series hyping up the Nepali market, this feels like the best time to launch it again.
Putting it to context, the Pocophone F1 is coming to Nepal tomorrow, that’s February 1. It’s a Daraz exclusive, again and the sale starts at 12 pm, with limited availability. So, if you want one, or missed out on the last sale, maybe don’t wait around this time. Plus with the new update, bringing in 960fps slow-mo video recording, and the newfound DxOMark rating, it just got better. We never doubted it’s camera performance but with similar scores as the iPhone 8 and the Galaxy Note 8, well, you know what we mean.
Of course, the DxOMark doesn’t tell the whole story, and we ourselves have criticized their results. Then again, if you plan on mostly using the camera for social media, MKBHD’s blind camera test stands to be a great example. The test showed it beating the likes of iPhone X, Note 9, and the Red Hydrogen, only to be beaten by the Mate 20 Pro. Again, not a perfect testing ground but it still counts for something, right? Finally, the 960fps slo-mo video isn’t as good as others, but it’s no joke either.
It has also received it’s Android 9.0 Pie update, with MIUI 10.2 POCO edition on top. This does look like we are biased as everything we are claiming about the phone is positive, and that’s because it is. The phone’s goodness, not the biased part. It comes with its own quirks and shortcomings, but for the price, there isn’t much to complain. The Pocophone F1 returning to Nepal is the 6GB RAM and 64GB storage variant. It should be available in Graphite Black, Steel Blue, and Rosso Red color options while the Armored Edition will remain un-acquirable.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Specifications:
- Operating System: Android Oreo 8.0
- Display: 6.18-inches IPS LCD
- Resolution: 1080 x 2246 pixels
- CPU: Octa-core 4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 or 8 GB
- Storage: 64 or 128 or 256 GB
- Rear Camera: 12 MP f/1.8 + 5 MP depth sensor, Dual LED flash, Panorama, HDR, etc.
- Front Camera: 20 MP f/2.0
- Battery: 4,000 mAh Li-Po non-removable with Quick charge 3.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/c/b/g/n, WiFi Direct, Hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear- mounted), Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer, Compass, Infrared Face Recognition.