It’s common knowledge that Samsung phones get the price drop treatment gradually. And Samsung has been dropping their phones prices in various recent offers. Even when the smartphone excise duty was cut in half, Samsung was the first company to respond. But this time, the offer is even better! As a part of the Samsung Super Cool deal, it decided to drop its flagships prices: namely, the Galaxy S10 and the Galaxy Note 9!
Samsung Galaxy S10
Samsung’s 2019 flagship phone, the Galaxy S10 is one of the best flagships out there. Samsung’s flagships feature unbeatable displays, and this phone is also a very zippy performer. In addition, with One UI, the performance is further optimized. Now yes, the Exynos variant we get in Nepal do not get to that Snapdragon 855 mark in terms of benchmark scores, but it does its job very well, still.
In addition, the S10 makes a strong case for itself in terms of its compact size – something that’s just right in your hands. Furthermore, its cameras are still one of the best. The only slight problem might be its small 3400 mAh battery, but that is something that can be forgiven, given the other aspects and the recent price drop.
This phone, that used to cost Rs.1,10,900 has received Rs.17000 off! And you can get this phone now, for only Rs.93,900! Deal steal, isn’t it?
Galaxy S10 Specifications:
- Design: Glass body with an aluminum frame, IP68 Dust and Water Resistant
- Display: 6.1″ Dynamic AMOLED screen with Quad-HD+ resolution (1440 x 3040 pixels), Infinity-O display, HDR10+, Gorilla Glass 6
- Rear Camera: Triple setup, 12 MP, f/1.5 – 2.4, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS (Primary) + 12 MP, f/2.4 1.0µm, Auto-focus, OIS, 2x optical zoom (Telephoto) + 16 MP f/2.2 (Ultra-wide)
- Front Camera: 10 MP, f/1.9, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 9820
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.31 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB
- OS: Android v9.0 Pie with One UI on top
- Battery: 3400 mAh, 15W wired fast charging
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Samsung’s Note series are not for the casual ones, really. They’re more for a niche set of customers that value productivity over anything else. The Galaxy Note 9 is a similar device, designed to do more than your regular phones. With the improved S-Pen, you can do more with it, and the phone overall, is a pretty great one.
Of course, its bulky design and build might make it a bit over the top, but as I said, the phone is not really for everybody. However, its what underneath the body that takes the cake. Sure, the Snapdragon 845 is last year, but still, it does hold its own against some other phones.
And now, when you’re getting a discount of Rs.10000, why not get it? The phone which used to cost Rs.109,900 is now available for Rs.99,000!
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Specifications:
- Display:6.4-inch QHD+ (1440 x 2960) Infinity display with 18.5:9 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Build: Aluminum Frame and Glass Body with IP-68 Water and Dust Resistance
- Processor: Octa-Core Exynos 9810 processor with Mali-G72 MP18 GPU
- RAM: 6 GB RAM with 128 GB storage, expandable memory up to 512 GB with microSD
- OS: Samsung Experience UI based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + Hybrid slot)
- Back Camera: 12 MP primary camera with variable aperture (f/1.5 + f/2.4) and secondary 12 MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture with Optical Image Stabilization and Dual Pixel PDAF
- Front Camera: 8 MP front-facing camera f/1.7 aperture and Auto Focus
- Security: Fingerprint Sensor, Face Unlock and Iris Scanner
- Dimensions: (161.9 × 76.4 × 8.8) mm; Weight: 201 grams
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NFC
- Battery: 4000 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Price in Nepal:
This Samsung Super Cool Deal comes as a Samsung’s Monsoon Offer, and Samsung is flaunting its IP68 Rating this monsoon it seems. But this might also be to make the S10 and Note 9 more competitive to the likes of OnePlus 7 Pro and the Oppo Reno 10X Zoom, which cost around Rs.90000, too!