Sony Xperia 5 III (Mark 3) has an almost similar set of specifications to the Xperia 5 II, which was launched last year. But this time, the design is a little different with a rounded frame and a little more weight. The change has allowed Sony to pack a comparatively larger battery. So, without further ado, let us look at the specifications, features, availability, and expected price of the Sony Xperia 5 III in Nepal.
Sony Xperia 5 III Overview:
Design and Display
Like I said earlier, the design here is quite similar, with only minor variations in dimensions. Its predecessor is 8.0 mm thick, while the Xperia 5 III is slightly thicker at 8.2mm. It is also slightly heavier, weighing 169 grams to Xperia 5 II’s 163 grams.
The phone features a 6.1-inch FHD+ HDR OLED panel with a refresh rate of 120Hz. Like the Xperia 1 III, it has a 240Hz motion blur reduction and a 240Hz touch scanning rate. The screen also covers 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut. And not to forget, this display features Sony’s trademark 21:9 “CinemaWide” aspect ratio. Furthermore, the phone is protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass 6 at the front and back.
Here, the Xperia 5 III is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G chipset coupled with 8GB of RAM, and 128/256GB of internal storage. In terms of durability, the device is water and dust resistant complying with the IP65/68 standards. Furthermore, it runs on Android 11.
There is a dedicated microSD card slot for expanding storage. Furthermore, it equips a 3.5mm headphone jack as well, which is an essential and rare feature in 2021.
The camera department has undergone several reforms from its predecessor. Xperia 5 III brings the same 12MP triple camera setups as the Xperia 1 III. The biggest difference between this year’s model and its predecessor is the variable telephoto module and Dual PDAF sensors. It enables the telephoto lens to adjust its focal length between 70mm and 105mm, allowing it to catch details at a greater distance. This allows you to zoom from 2.9x to 4.3x.
To snap selfies, the front camera has an 8MP f/2.0 lens. Similarly, all these sensors are ZEISS optics calibrated and also feature ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating. Sony’s native camera app, Photography Pro, also has a “Basic Mode” to appeal to a broader audience.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, the device packs a big 4500mAh battery with support USB PD fast charging via the Type-C port. Furthermore, the device has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and stereo speakers. The stereo speakers are louder and support 360 Reality Audio.
Sony Xperia 5 III Specifications:
- Body: 157 x 68 x 8.2mm, 169 gm
- Display: 6.1″ 21:9 CinemaWide FHD+ HDR OLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch scanning rate, 240Hz Motion blur reduction, 100% DCI-P3 gamut
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 (5nm)
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 128/256GB storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: Android 11
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera;
– Primary: 12MP f/1.7, 24mm equivalent, 1/1.7″ sensor
– Telephoto: 12MP 1/2.9″ sensor, f/2.3 (70 mm), f/2.8 (105 mm)
– Ultrawide: 12MP f/2.2, 124° FOV, 1/2.5″ sensor
- Front Camera: 8MP f/2.0 sensor (top bezel)
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, 360 Reality Audio, LDAC, Hi-Res Audio, DSEE Ultimate, Dolby Atmos, Full-stage stereo speakers
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 4500mAh with 30W fast charging, Qi wireless charging
- Connectivity: A-GPS, A-GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi 6, USB Type-C, 4G LTE, 5G (sub-6GHz, mmWave)
- Color options: Green, Black
Sony Xperia 5 III Price in Nepal and Availability
Just like the Xperia 1 III, Sony says the Xperia 5 III should be available in summer 2021 (June-September). Likewise, the company hasn’t revealed details regarding the price of the phone either.
- Meanwhile, check out our comparison of Galaxy A72 VS Realme X7 Pro.