Just one day after announcing Vivo Y100 in the Indian market, the company has launched yet another mid-range smartphone in the Y-series. The new Vivo Y56 brings MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G processor and a 50MP primary camera. Let’s see what else Vivo Y56 5G has to offer, including its specs, expected price in Nepal, availability, and more.
Vivo Y56 5G Overview:
Design and Display
Vivo Y56 5G has a regular 6.58″ FHD+ IPS LCD screen that covers 96% NTSC color gamut. And it doesn’t bring a higher refresh rate either. This phone is quite sleek though, with a thickness of 8.15mm and a weight of just 184 grams. Vivo Y56 5G has an all-plastic construction but is available in a couple of pretty attractive color options including “Orange Shimmer” and “Black Engine”.
Its camera array and back panel look pretty similar to the one on the Vivo Y100—although it doesn’t use a color-changing design. At least it is also IP54 dust and splash resistant like the Y100.
The Vivo Y56 5G has a dual camera setup on the back. The primary sensor is a Samsung 50MP ISOCELL JN1 f/1.8 sensor, which is complemented by a 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor. There’s a 16MP f/2.0 front camera inside the teardrop notch for selfies and stuff.
- Also read:
- Vivo Y100 with Dimensity 900, a color-changing design launched
- Vivo V27 Pro to launch with MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC
- Sustainability-focused Nokia X30 5G launched with Snapdragon 695
Under the hood, the Vivo Y56 5G brings MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G processor. This 7nm SoC has an octa-core CPU with two Cortex-A76 (@2.2 GHz) and six Cortex-A55 (@2.0 GHz).
Then there is Arm’s Mali-G57 MC2 GPU for graphics. Similarly, this phone is available with 4GB or 8GB LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of internal storage. You can also virtually expand RAM by up to 8GB whereas the Y56 5G also supports storage expansion using a microSD card.
Vivo Y56 5G has a big 5000mAh battery that accepts a maximum of 18W of power for charging via the USB-C port. The phone ships with Android 13 with Vivo’s Funtouch OS 13 on top. The wireless connectivity options here include dual-band WiFi, SA/NSA 5G, and Bluetooth 5.1.
Vivo Y56 5G Specifications:
- Body: 164.05 × 75.60 × 8.15mm, 184 gm
- Display: 6.58″ IPS LCD, FHD+ (2408 × 1080 pixels), 60Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G (7nm)
- Memory: 4/8GB RAM, 128GB storage (expandable via hybrid sim slot)
- Software: Funtouch OS 13 (Android 13)
- Rear Camera: 50MP JN1 f/1.8 primary, 2MP f/2.4 depth
- Front Camera: 16MP f/2.0 (teardrop notch)
- Battery: 5000mAh, 18W charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, SA/NSA 5G
- Color Options: Black Engine, Orange Shimmer
Vivo Y56 5G Price in Nepal and Availability
In India, Vivo Y56 5G is available in the sole 8/128GB variant for INR 19,999. As such, we expect the price of Vivo Y56 5G in Nepal to be NPR 37,999 if and when it launches here.
|Vivo Y56 5G||Price in India||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8/128GB||INR 19,999||NPR 37,999|
- Meanwhile, check our review of Vivo T1 5G.