Honor just concluded its “Smart Life” launch event in China, where it announced a trio of new laptops. Here, we will be taking a look at the Honor MagicBook 16 and 16 Pro that pack AMD’s Ryzen 5000 series CPU in a lightweight build. Let’s get into the specs, features, expected price, and availability of Honor MagicBook 16 and 16 Pro in Nepal.
Honor MagicBook 16, 16 Pro Overview:
Design and Display
As the moniker suggests, the Honor MagicBook 16 series laptops feature a 16.1-inch FHD display with an aspect ratio of 16:9. It uses a matte IPS panel that boasts 100% sRGB coverage. Moving on, we get 300 nits of brightness and a 144Hz refresh rate.
Bezels around the screen are quite minimal. The one on the bottom has an Honor branding, while the top bezel houses a 720p webcam. While both the laptops measure 18.2mm, the Pro variant is slightly heavier (1.87 kg > 1.84 kg).
Performance and Memory
Inside, Honor MagicBook 16 series can be configured with up to AMD Ryzen 7 5800H processor. It’s an 8 cores/16 threads CPU with a base frequency is 3.2 GHz that can go as high as 4.4 GHz for a single core.
When it comes to GPU, the Pro model has an edge over the vanilla MagicBook 16 as it can be configured with NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1650 or RTX 3050. There is no option of a dedicated GPU on the vanilla model.
- Also Read:
Battery and Charging
Fueling the MagicBook 16 series is a 56Wh lithium-ion battery. Honor ships the Pro and the vanilla model with USB-C power adapters of 135W and 65W, respectively.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, these laptops come with a full-size backlit keyboard. A fingerprint scanner is integrated into the power button for biometrics. Unfortunately, it lacks a dedicated numeric keypad.
The port selection on these laptops is pretty good though. Here, you get two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C, a headphone jack, and an HDMI port. For wireless connectivity, Honor has included support for Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, and NFC.
The latter can be used for inter-device linking using the Honor Magic-Link feature. On the software front, the MagicBook 16 series runs on Windows 10 Home Edition, while it’s slated to get the Windows 11 update shortly.
Honor MagicBook 16 Series Specifications:
- Design & Build: 368 x 236 x 18.2mm
- MagicBook 16: 1.84 kg
- MagicBook 16 Pro: 1.87 kg
- Display: 16.1″ matte IPS panel, 144Hz refresh rate, 100% sRGB, 300 nits
- Resolution: FHD (1920×1080) resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Keyboard: Full-size backlit keyboard
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (Power key)
- MagicBook 16: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H / Ryzen 7 5800H
- MagicBook 16 Pro: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 (3200MHz)
- Storage: 512GB SSD
- MagicBook 16: Integrated Radeon Graphics
- MagicBook 16 Pro: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 / RTX 3050
- OS: Windows 10 Home Edition
- Audio: Stereo speakers with Nahimic sound, Dual-microphones
- Battery: 56Wh Lithium polymer battery
- Power Supply:
- MagicBook 16: 65W USB-C
- MagicBook 16 Pro: 135W USB-C
- Webcam: 720p HD camera
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 6 (ax), Bluetooth 5.1, NFC
- I/O Ports: 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C, 1x HDMI 1.4, 1x headphone out
Honor MagicBook Pro 16, 16 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of the Honor MagicBook Pro 16 and 16 Pro starts at CNY 4,999 and CNY 6,499, respectively. There is no hint of any international availability yet. Still, if Honor MagicBook 16 and 16 Pro make their way to Nepal, we expect their price to start at NPR 100,000 and NPR 125,000, respectively.
|Honor MagicBook 16 series||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|MagicBook 16||Ryzen 5 5600H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD||CNY 4,999||NPR 100,000|
|Ryzen 7 5800H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD||CNY 5,499||NPR 110,000|
|MagicBook 16 Pro||Ryzen 7 5800H, GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD||CNY 6,499||NPR 130,000|
|Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD||CNY 7,299||NPR 147,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of Asus VivoBook 15 (K513).