iQOO has recently launched two new smartphones in China—the Neo 5S and Neo 5SE. They both come with the new OriginOS Ocean based on Android 12. So, let’s get into the specs, features, availability, and expected price of iQOO Neo 5S, Neo 5SE in Nepal.
iQOO Neo 5S, 5SE Overview:
Design and Display
The Neo 5S flaunts a 6.62″ AMOLED panel with FHD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. On the other hand, the 5SE features a 6.67” FHD+ LCD panel with a 144Hz refresh rate and a 240Hz touch sampling rate.
Moreover, both displays have a 20:9 aspect ratio, P3 color gamut, and support HDR as well.
On to the design, these phones feature a punch-hole cutout on the front and a rectangular camera cutout on the back. The iQOO Neo 5SE is available in Rock Crystal White, Mine Shadow, and Blue Phantom color, whereas the Neo 5S comes in Orange Light, Night Space, Sunset Canyon options.
- Also Read:
Under the hood, the Neo 5S is powered by Snapdragon 888 chipset, while the 5SE gets Snapdragon 870 treatment. Yet, both are available with up to 12GB RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage configuration.
Still and all, the Neo 5S has superior LPDDR5 RAM while the 5SE features slower LPDDR4X RAM. Over on to the software front, they boot on the new OriginOS Ocean based on Android 12.
As for the optics, the Neo 5S has a 48MP primary, a 13MP ultrawide, and a 2MP macro lens at the back. The 5SE, however, has a 50MP primary lens, an 8MP ultrawide, and a 2MP macro sensor. For selfies, both handsets house a 16MP lens inside the punch-hole cutout.
Rest of the specs
Apart from that, these smartphones have a 4,500mAh battery with 65W charging on the Neo 5S, and 55W charging on the 5SE. In terms of biometrics, the 5S has an in-display fingerprint sensor—thanks to its AMOLED panel, while the 5SE settles for a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
iQOO Neo 5S, Neo 5SE Specifications:
- Neo 5S: 6.62-inch AMOLED, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR, P3 color gamut
- Neo 5SE: 6.67” LCD, 144Hz refresh rate, HDR, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Resolution: FHD+ (1,080 × 2,408 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Neo 5S: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 (5nm)
- Neo 5SE: Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 (7nm)
- OS: OriginOS Ocean based on Android 12
- Memory: 8/12GB RAM, 128/256GB internal storage
- Rear Camera:
- Neo 5S: Triple (48MP main, 13MP ultrawide, 2MP macro)
- Neo 5SE: Triple (50MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 2MP macro)
- Front Camera: 16MP sensor (punch-hole cutout)
- Battery: 4500mAh, 65W (Neo 5S), 55W (Neo 5SE)
- Neo 5S: In-display fingerprint
- Neo 5SE: Side-mounted fingerprint
- Neo 5S: Rock Crystal White, Mine Shadow, Blue Phantom
- Neo 5SE: Orange Light, Night Space, Sunset Canyon
iQOO Neo 5S, 5SE Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of iQOO Neo 5S and 5SE in China starts at CNY 2,699 and CNY 2,199, respectively for the base 8/128GB model. There’s no word on their international launch for now. We expect the price of iQOO Neo 5S and 5SE in Nepal to start at NPR 55,000 and NPR 45,000 respectively, if and when they launch here.
|Devices||Configuration||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|iQOO Neo 5S||8/128GB||CNY 2,699||NPR 55,000|
|8/256GB||CNY 2,899||NPR 60,000|
|12/256GB||CNY 3,199||NPR 65,000|
|iQOO Neo 5SE||8/128GB||CNY 2,199||NPR 45,000|
|8/256GB||CNY 2,399||NPR 50,000|
|12/256GB||CNY 2,599||NPR 55,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the iQOO 7.