Samsung’s Note device has always been a unique offering for smartphone enthusiasts. However, it does come with a hefty cost, usually around $1000. One might argue, it’s good only because there was virtually not a single competitor providing a similar device? A device with a stylus to be specific! That’s about to change as a new player, that goes by the name of Moto G Stylus, has just been announced. It costs $299, which is a fraction of what Samsung is asking for their Note devices.
Moto G Stylus Specs Overview
Despite currently having a mid-range lineup that is in total disarray and with only a few handful devices that can be branded as a success, Motorola is planning on going toe-to-toe against Samsung in this front with the Moto G Stylus.
Moto G Stylus is Motorola’s first phone with a Stylus pen. It is not pressure sensitive as the Galaxy Note devices and it lacks the Bluetooth connectivity too, but it gets the job done. There’s a Moto Note app with which you can write down notes, sketch, and doodle. There’s a hole on the right side where the Stylus is kept.
On to the specs, there’s a triple camera setup on the back. The primary lens is a 48MP f/1.7 sensor. The second lens is a 16MP ultra-wide Action Camera that shoots smooth wide-angle videos. You cannot shoot 16MP ultrawide images though, which is strange. The third is a 2MP macro lens.
Display-wise, you get a 6.4-inch FullHD+ 19:9 1080P IPS panel with a tiny punch hole residing on the left top. It houses a 16MP selfie snapper. Battery wise, you get a 4000mAh capacity with 10W charging done via a Type-C port.
In the performance department, the Moto G Stylus is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset aided by 4GB RAM and 128GB eMMC storage. For the asking price of $299, I think Motorola should have gone with atleast 6GB RAM and Snapdragon 7-series chipset. They could have also offered a faster 18W charging. So, looking at the specs, it remains unclear if just a stylus be enough from Motorola’s side to compete with the Midrange phones priced at $300.
Motorola Moto G Stylus Specifications:
- Display: 6.4-inch (2300×1080 pixels) FHD+ IPS LCD 19.17:9 Max Vision display
- Chipset: Snapdragon 665
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 128GB ROM, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- OS: Android 10
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Rear Camera(s): 48MP f/1.7, 1.6μm primary camera with Quad Pixel technology + 16MP Action Cam with f/2.2, 2.0μm 117° ultra-wide-angle camera with Quad Pixel technology, 2MP f/2.2, 1.75μm 2cm macro sensor, Laser autofocus (TOF)
- Selfie Camera: 16MP (f/2.0, 1μm) front camera
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (on the back)
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack, Dual stereo speakers tuned by Dolby, 2 Microphones
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with 10W charging
Motorola Moto G Stylus Price
The Moto G Stylus is priced at US$299 and will be first available in the U.S starting this spring. Availability for other markets including Nepal has not been detailed yet.