Nokia has announced the third smartphone in the revamped X-series of smartphones. The new XR20 is based largely on the X20 that was launched back in April. Nokia has mostly worked on X20’s design and made it more durable. Here, we will be taking a detailed look at the new Nokia XR20, its specs, features, and expected price in Nepal.
Nokia XR20 Overview:
Design and Display
The ‘R’ in the Nokia XR20, we believe, indicates the phone’s rugged design. Though it features the same 6.67-inch FHD+ panel as the X20, XR20’s display is more durable, thanks to Gorilla Glass Victus protection. This screen boasts a brightness of up to 550 nits and can be used with wet hands and gloves.
Nokia XR20 has a ruggedized body with the MIL-STD-810H certification. It weighs around 248 grams and is 10.64mm thick. XR20 is IP68 rated against dust and water damage, while the Gorilla Glass Victus protection carries on to the back of the phone as well.
Performance and Software
Under the hood, Nokia XR20 packs Snapdragon 480, which is Qualcomm’s cheapest 5G-ready chipset yet. It is paired with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
On the software front, the phone runs on Android 11. Nokia has committed to providing three years of OS upgrade and an additional year of security updates, just like Samsung.
- Also Read:
At the back, Nokia has reduced the camera count from four to two. Fortunately, it’s the 2MP sensors that it has gotten rid of. You still get the Zeiss-branded dual-camera setup consisting of a 48MP primary and a 13MP ultrawide sensor.
The two sensors, along with the LED flash are diagonally arranged resembling an “X” shape inside the squarish camera bump. To note, this is a deviance from the circular bump on other Nokia phones we’ve seen lately. Upfront, there is an 8MP selfie shooter inside the punch-hole cutout.
Rest of the specs
Fueling the phone is a 4,630mAh battery, which supports 18W fast charging. It even supports 15W wireless charging. Nokia is including a wired charger in the box as well, which is absent on the X20.
There is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for biometrics. Also, Nokia has included a user-programmable button on the top. Apart from all this, Nokia is promising 3 years of warranty on XR20.
Nokia XR20 Specifications:
- Body: 81.5 (W )x 171.64 (H) x 10.64mm (D), 248 gm, Gorilla Glass Victus
- Display: 6.67-inches IPS LCD panel, Gorilla Glass Victus, 550 nits
- Durability: IP68 dust/water resistant, MIL-STD-810H certified
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio, 269 PPI
- Chipset: Snapdragon 480 5G (8nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 4/6GB RAM, 64/128GB storage
- Software & UI: Android 11 (3 years version, 4 years security update)
- Rear Camera: Dual (48MP main, 13MP ultrawide)
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor (punch-hole cutout)
- Audio: Dual speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack, Ozo Audio
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Battery: 4630mAh with 18W wired charging, 15W wireless charging
- Color Options: Granite, Ultra Blue
Nokia XR20 Price in Nepal and Launch
The price of the Nokia XR20 starts at GBP 399.99 for the 4/64GB variant, while the 6/128GB model costs GBP 499.99. It will go on sale in the UK from today. We expect the price of the Nokia XR20 in Nepal to start at NPR 60,000 if and when it launches here.
|Nokia XR20||Price in the UK||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/64GB||GPB 399.99||NPR 60,000|
|6/128GB||GBP 499.99||NPR 75,500|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Nokia G20.