After weeks of teasing, Nubia has finally launched the Z40 Pro in its home country of China. The phone is a successor to last year’s Z30 Pro and boasts a couple of industry-firsts for an Android smartphone. In this article, we will be discussing the key specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Nubia Z40 Pro in Nepal.
Nubia Z40 Pro Overview:
Nubia Z40 Pro is the first phone to come equipped with the Sony IMX787 primary camera. It’s a 64MP shooter with a 1/1.3” sensor and a 35mm equivalent lens. It uses 4-in-1 pixel binning to shoot 16MP pictures natively.
Accompanying the primary shooter are a 50MP ultrawide and an 8MP telephoto lens. The latter has 5X zooming capability. Nubia has also included Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) on the primary camera as well as the telephoto lens.
Upfront, Nubia Z40 Pro features a 16MP camera for selfies and video calls. It is enclosed inside the center-aligned punch-hole cutout.
Nubia is also offering a special “Gravity Edition” of the Z40 Pro with a magnetic charging capability. This makes it the first commercial Android phone to have such a charging solution. However, Nubia has made some compromises in the Gravity Edition to incorporate the new technology.
While the regular Z40 Pro comes with a 5,000mAh battery, Gravity Edition only has a 4,800mAh cell. Likewise, it also charges slower over the wire at 66W against the 80W charging on other variants.
- Also Read:
Performance and Memory
No surprises here — the Nubia Z40 Pro is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset. The company has even included a vapor chamber cooling setup with a total heat dissipation area of 3500mm2.
The base variant features 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage, while the top-end model has 16GB of RAM and 1TB of internal storage. Irrespective of the memory configuration, Z40 Pro comes with LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. Out of the box, the phone boots on Android 12 with MyOS 12 on top.
Design and Display
Nubia Z40 Pro features a 6.67” FHD+ AMOLED panel with curves at the edges. It’s a 10-bit display with a peak brightness of up to 1000 nits. Further, it even has support for 144Hz refresh rate.
Over on the back, it features a new camera bump. The rear panel is made up of AG Matte glass, and there are two colors to choose from. It weighs around 199 grams and measures 8.46mm in thickness.
Nubia Z40 Pro Specifications:
- Dimension: 161.9 × 72.9 × 8.4 mm, 199 gm
- Display: 6.67” FHD+ AMOLED, 144Hz variable refresh rate, 10-bit color, 100% DCI-P3
- Resolution: FHD+ (1080 x 2400) pixels
- Rear Camera: Triple, 64MP Sony IMX787 (OIS) + 50MP ultra-wide + 8MP 5x telephoto lens with OIS
- Front Camera: 16MP sensor (punch-hole)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm)
- Memory: 8/12/16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128/512GB/1TB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: Android 12 with MYOS 12
- Battery: 5,000/4800mAh, 66/80W wired, 15W magnetic charging (GE)
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under-display), accelerometer, gyro, compass
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11.b/g/n/ac/ax, 5G, Bluetooth 5.2, USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C, GPS
- Color: Interstellar Black, Galaxy White
Nubia Z40 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability (Expected)
Nubia Z40 Pro is currently exclusive to the Chinese market, where its price starts at CNY 3,399 for the regular models and CNY 4,299 for the Gravity Edition. If it launches here, we expect the price of the Nubia Z40 Pro in Nepal to be NPR 67,500.
|Nubia Z40 Pro||Configurations||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Vanilla Models||8/128GB||CNY 3,399||NPR 67,500|
|8/256GB||CNY 3,699||NPR 73,000|
|12/256GB||CNY 3,999||NPR 78,500|
|12/512GB||CNY 4,499||NPR 88,500|
|Gravity Edition||12/256GB||CNY 4,299||NPR 85,500|
|16GB/1TB||CNY 5,999||NPR 118,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Vivo V23 Pro.