OnePlus has been bringing some minor changes in their existing devices with its T-series offerings. And it’s somewhat the same for the new OnePlus 8T too. It is a redesigned variant of the existing OnePlus 8-series devices. While it shares most of the features with the OnePlus 8, improvements have been made in key areas. And the good news is, it is now officially available for purchase from offline mobile shops as well as Daraz. Let’s check out what the OnePlus 8T is all about including its official price and availability in Nepal.
OnePlus 8T Overview:
On spec-sheet, the OnePlus 8T boasts plenty of improvements from its predecessor i.e. the OnePlus 8. For instance, its 6.55-inch 1080p OLED display now comes with a faster 120Hz refresh rate. In comparison, the OnePlus 8 had a 90Hz refresh rate. This upgrade seems huge. However, users will agree that you can’t really find much of a difference between 90Hz to 120Hz on a smartphone screen.
Flat AMOLED screen
Moving on, the flat screen has a punch-hole cutout on the top left corner to house the 16MP selfie camera. Around the back, you get a quad-camera setup. The lenses are arranged in a square module. The rear camera setup includes a 48MP primary Sony IMX586 sensor, a 16MP ultrawide lens, a 5MP macro lens, and a 2MP monochrome sensor. Now seeing OnePlus still use the 2-year old Sony sensor is a little disheartening as many of us were expecting a significant upgrade in the camera department with the 8T.
Under the hood, the device packs in the Snapdragon 865 processor. And it can be paired with either 8GB or 12GB of RAM. However, the RAM variant does depend upon where you live. Buyers in the US will only get the 12GB/256GB variant whereas the ones in Europe, Asia can purchase both.
65W Fast Charging
Powering the whole device is a 4500mAh battery. And this device does support the new Wrap Charge 65 technology. The company claims that it can charge the device up to 58 percent in 15 minutes. Similarly, a full charge takes almost 39 minutes. Other features of the device include sub-6GHz 5G support. Sadly no mmWave though. As usual, there’s an in-display fingerprint sensor too.
OnePlus 8T Specifications:
- Body: 6.33 x 2.92 x 0.33 inches, 188 gm, Gorilla Glass 5
- Display: 6.38-inches Fluid AMOLED panel, 402PPI, Gorilla Glass 5, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7nm+ Mobile Platform)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8/12GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 128/256GB UFS 3.1 (fixed)
- Software & UI: OxygenOS 11 on top of Android 11
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera;
– 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, OIS
– 16MP ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 123º FOV
– 5MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
– 2MP monochrome lens with f/2.4 aperture
– Dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 16MP Sony IMX471 sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Security: Under-display (optical)
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos support, aptX, aptX HD, LDAC codec
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (dual-band), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Galileo / Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC, 4G LTE, 5G (sub-6GHz)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Electronic Compass, Ambient Light, Flicker-detect, Sensor Core
- Battery: 4500mAh (2S1P) with Warp Charge 65 (10V/6.5A)
- Colors: Aquamarine Green, Lunar Silver
OnePlus 8T Price in Nepal and Availability
OnePlus 8T gets favorable pricing in its largest market – India and thus starts at just INR 42,999 there. But unfortunately in Nepal, it will be a little expensive. The OnePlus 8T price in Nepal is set at NPR 78,999 for the 8/128GB, while the higher end 12/128GB costs Rs. 85,999.
|OnePlus 8T Variant
||Price in Nepal|
- Check out our long-term review of the OnePlus 8T.