POCO M5 was launched in Nepal back in September last year. And it has been among our top picks for best budget gaming phones in the country ever since. So let’s take a look at the full specifications, features, latest price in Nepal, and the availability of POCO M5.
POCO M5 Overview:
Design and Display
POCO M5 borrows the same design as its predecessor including the dual-tone finish and big camera module. It even has the same color options: Power Black, Cool Blue, and POCO Yellow. However, the phone now has a leather-like textured design that we last saw on the POCO M3.
Over on the front, POCO M5 features a 6.58-inch FHD+ LCD screen with a waterdrop notch. It’s a 90Hz panel but the phone can dial it down to 60Hz and even 30Hz depending upon the app. Likewise, the touch sampling rate of the POCO M5 is listed at 240Hz. It even has DC dimming for more comfortable viewing in low-light conditions.
Performance and Memory
What separates the POCO M5 from the M4 is the processor inside. The POCO M4 was a 5G device while the new POCO M5 only has 4G connectivity. MediaTek’s Helio G99 chip used on the M5 lacks an integrated 5G modem but it has the same CPU configuration as M4’s Dimensity 700. On top of this, it is based on a more power efficient 6nm process as well.
- Also Read:
- POCO X5 Pro with Snapdragon 778G, AMOLED display launched in Nepal
- POCO F5 Pro goes official with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, 120Hz AMOLED display
- Xiaomi 13 Ultra arrives with a 1-inch variable aperture main camera
Over on the back, POCO M5 flaunts a triple camera setup with a 50MP shooter leading the line. Accompanying it is a 2MP macro and a 2MP depth sensor. The primary camera setup is the same as the Indian version of the POCO M4 5G though the global version has a different sensor. The waterdrop notch on the front is home to a 5MP sensor for selfies and video calls.
Rest of the specs
All this is fueled by a 5,000mAh battery with 630 hours of claimed standby time. POCO M5 supports 18W fast charging, but the company ships it with a 22.5W adapter in the box. There is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for biometrics. Like all Xiaomi phones, you get an IR blaster on top. The M5 even has NFC connectivity although we believe the availability will vary based on the region.
POCO M5 Specifications:
- Body: 76.09 x 163.99 x 8.9mm, 201 gm, Leather-like texture
- Display: 6.58-inches IPS LCD panel, 90Hz refresh rate, Up to 240Hz touch sampling rate, Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G99 (6nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64/128GB UFS 2.2 storage
- Software & UI: Android 12 with MIUI 13 for on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 50MP primary
– 2MP macro
– 2MP depth
- Front Camera: 5MP f/2.2
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging (22.5W adapter provided)
- Color Options: Cool Blue, Power Black, POCO Yellow
POCO M5 Price in Nepal and Availability
The latest official POCO M5 price in Nepal is NPR 20,499 for the 4/64GB variant, while the 6/128GB configuration goes for NPR 23,999. You can buy POCO M5 in Nepal from authorized stores like Hukut.
|Price in Nepal
- Check out our review of POCO M5 (Nepali)