OPPO’s sub-brand Realme has made quite an impact in less than a year of its official debut. They have sold more than 4 million units and is the No.1 Emerging brand in India. Adding to its portfolio of budget phones, Realme today announced Realme 3 that offers improved AI camera and the new Helio P70 processor.
The Realme 3 has a 6.2-inch 720P display with 19:9 aspect ratio and Gorilla Glass 3 protection. There’s a dual back AI camera of 13MP and 2MP. There’s a tiny dew drop notch where sits a 13MP selfie camera. The back camera features Nightscape that allows you to take blur-free, handheld shots in low-light.
It is powered by Helio P70 SoC, which is a slight upgrade over the P60. The performance is comparable with that of Snapdragon 660. Memory wise, there are 2 variants – 3GB RAM/32GB ROM and 4GB RAM/64GB ROM. Both these variant sports a dedicated microSD card slot with which you can expand the storage by upto 256GB.
Also Read: Realme Mobiles Price in Nepal
Powering the Realme 3 is the big 4230mAh battery. Considering the phone has to power an energy efficient SoC and an HD display, the battery should be nothing short of excellent.
It runs on ColorOS 6.0 skin based on Android 9.0 Pie. During the launch event, the company’s CEO, Madhav Seth, was quick to point out that the ColorOS 6.0 will not run Advertisement as they are a phone selling company, mocking annoying Advertisement that appears on Xiaomi Redmi phones.
Other specs include Dual SIM slot (4G+4G), 10W charging with micro USB, and a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. The Realme 3 base variant (3GB,32GB) starts at INR 8,999 (Rs.14,400) and the 4,64GB version is priced at INR 10,999 (Rs. 17,200).
The Realme 3 is expected to launch in Nepal in April. Pricing and the exact date hasn’t been confirmed yet.
Realme 3 Specifications in a Nutshell:
- Design: Unibody Plastic
- Dimensions: 156.1 x 75.6 x 8.3 mm; Weight: 175g
- Display: 6.2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 19:9 HD+ IPS display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Chipset (SoC): Octa Core MediaTek Helio P70 12nm CPU (4 X 2.1GHz Cortex A73 + 4X 2GHz Cortex A53) with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- RAM: 3/4GB
- ROM: 32G/64GB, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD (dedicated)
- OS: Android Pie 9.0 with ColorOS 6.0 Skin
- Back Camera: 13MP primary camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 13MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM with 4G VoLTE, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 4230mAh battery (10W charging via microUSB 2.0)
- Price: INR. 8,999 (3GB,32GB) | Rs. 10,999 (4GB,64GB)
- Expected Launch date in Nepal: April, 2019