Integrated Mobility Solutions (IMS), the authorized distributor of Samsung smartphones in Nepal, has confirmed via its official Facebook page that the new Galaxy S7 will arrive in Nepal next month. The Samsung Galaxy S7 was recently launched at the Mobile World Congress and offers a 5.1-inch Quad HD display, 4GB of RAM, and 12MP camera.
Key Highlights of the Samsung Galaxy S7:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 5.1-inch Super AMOLED screen with 2,560 x 1,440 Pixel Resolution
- Either 32 or 64 GB of storage, Micro SD card slot expandable up to 200GB
- 12 Megapixel Camera with f/1.7 aperture and smart OIS
- 5 Megapixel Front Shooter
- Water-Resistant (IP68 rating)
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor (or Samsung’s Exynos chipset in some regions)
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Colors: Black onyx, Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium
Pricing in Nepal:
We can expect the base variant of the Galaxy S7 to launch for around Rs. 80,000, considering a global pricing of $750. We might not see Samsung launching the 64GB version since the phone now offers microSD card support up to 200GB.
There is no confirmation from IMS on whether Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge will be launched or not. The Galaxy S7 Edge is a bigger variant of the Galaxy S7 that features a 5.5-inch display and rounded edge on the sides. Unlike last year when only the Galaxy S6 was launched, we hope that the Edge variant is made available, since it offers bigger yet compact display, a larger battery of 3600mAh and will cost only around Rs.10,000 more.
Enhanced Features in the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Water and Dust resistant design: Both the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge are water Resistant. With an IP68 rating, the device can withstand up to 5 feet of water for around 30 minutes.
- Advanced Camera: The Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge feature technology that allows for faster autofocus and captures high-quality low-light photos.
- Fast wireless charging: Its now possible to wireless charge and fast-charge your device at the same time with a wireless Fast Charging stand.
- For the Galaxy S7 Edge: A new Task Edge screen offers one-tap access application, quick user’s favorite activities, favorite contacts, instant publishing tools, as well as activities for third parties, such as the news and sports results.
- Dedicated Gaming Feature makes it easier to record sessions and screenshots. A do-not-disturb mode blocks incoming notifications and lets the user play games without interruption
- “Always-on” display, a familiar feature of Nokia phones for years, the display shows time, calendar or images from the lock screen. This Screen is customizable apart from LG G5 which does not possess that customizable feature. The Always on screen is a SuperAMOLED screen which consumes only 1 percent of battery in an hour.