It has only been a few days since the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S9+, but those few days have been massive for Samsung. Reviewers and analysts have praised the Korean giant for launching a great successor to the Galaxy S8 and Note 8. And now, DxOMark, a company that measures the quality of smartphone cameras, lenses, and cameras as a whole, has said that the new flagship device is the best camera smartphone ever to be tested.
DxOMark’s test measures the quality of a smartphone camera in two major departments – photo and video. The Samsung Galaxy S9+ received a combined total of 99, 104 on the photo department and 91 on the videos department. With the total score of 99, the Samsung Galaxy S9+ has edged out the Google Pixel 2 by one point, the Apple iPhone X and the Huawei Mate 10 Pro by two points, and one of Samsung’s last year flagship, the Galaxy Note 8, by a total of five points.
One might even say that the Samsung Galaxy S9+ has a lower score on the video front. However, it will surely do a great job as 91 is more than just respectable. The score of 91 makes it one of the best video cameras on a smartphone.
It is on the picture side of things that the Samsung Galaxy S9+ shines. According to DxOMark, the pictures it takes have great contrast and exposure level. Likewise, the noise in pictures are “well-controlled” in “all conditions”.
So, the Samsung Galaxy S9+ could be the ideal choice for someone who is into photography and someone who takes a lot of pictures throughout the day. We will be testing out the camera department of the device when it launches here in Nepal. So make sure you follow GadgetByte Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch Super AMOLED with Gorilla glass 5 (front and back) protection
- Resolution: 1440 x 2960 pixels, 18.5:9 aspect ratio @ 529PPI pixel density
- OS: Android Oreo with Experience 9 UI on the top
- Chipset: Snapdragon 845 / Exynos 9810
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 64/128/256GB internal storage, Expandable up to 256GB (Uses SIM2 slot)
- Rear Camera: Dual: 12 MP (f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF) + 12MP (f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.6″, 1 µm, AF), OIS, phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/1.7
- Sensors: Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Battery: 3,500 mAh non-removable battery