Vivo V23e became the first phone in the V23 lineup when it went official back in November last year. The company has now added a Pro variant to the lineup, whose highlighting feature is a color-changing back. In this post, we will go through the official specs, features, expected price in Nepal, and availability of the Vivo V23 Pro.
Vivo V23 Pro Overview:
To note, V23 Pro is a simple rebrand of the Vivo S12 Pro for the global market. The S12 Pro was launched a few weeks back in China, and it runs on OriginOS Ocean based on Android 11. On the contrary, the V23 Pro boots on Android 12-based Funtouch OS 12.
Design & Display
Anyway, the biggest talking point of this phone is definitely its photochromic color-changing back. For this, Vivo has employed a fluorite AG (Anti Glare) glass back with a layer of crystals on top. And the Sunshine Gold variant of the phone will change color between gold and blue/coral green gradient depending on how light strikes the surface.
But if all this is a little too flamboyant for you, V23 Pro’s Stardust Black finish brings a much more subtle design instead. Moving on, unlike the standard V23, this one has a curved display and side railings. The phone measures 7.36mm thick and weighs just 171 grams.
Upfront, you’re getting a 6.56″ Full HD AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate and 1300 nits of peak brightness. This screen embeds an in-display fingerprint sensor underneath as well. Like last year’s V20 Pro, there’s an iPhone-inspired “bathtub” notch to house the dual-selfie cameras on top.
Moreover, this display has HDR10+ and TÜV Rheinland certified against low blue light emission. V23 Pro’s standard touch sampling rate is just 120Hz—or 240Hz when turning on the Game Mode.
Getting to the performance side of things, the V23 Pro is powered by MediaTek’s Dimensity 1200. This 5G-ready chipset has been joined by either 8 or 12GB RAM LPDDR4X RAM and up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. There’s even a 17,416 mm2 ultra-thin VC (Vapor Chamber) cooling system for better heat dissipation.
The phone also enjoys Vivo’s Extended RAM 2.0, which borrows up to 4GB of internal storage as RAM whenever necessary. Like I mentioned earlier, it runs on Android 12 with Funtouch OS 12 on top that brings new widgets called “Stickers”, a cleaner UI, and a more privacy-focused UX.
Besides design, cameras are another highlight of Vivo’s V series of smartphones. Here, the V23 Pro features a triple camera setup at the back with a 108MP f/1.88 main sensor. This has been paired alongside an 8MP ultrawide lens with a 120º Field of View (FoV) and a 2MP macro shooter. The aforementioned notch gets a 50MP f/2.0 primary and an 8MP wide-angle selfie camera (105º FoV).
V23 Pro’s 50MP main selfie camera also has Eye AF and “Sports Mode” for delivering stable selfies. Then there’s the “AI Extreme Night” mode that Vivo says churns out clear and brighter selfies even during low-light conditions. The selfie camera can shoot 4K selfie videos as well. However, there’s no OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) on any of the cameras onboard.
Rest of the specs
Other specs of the V23 Pro include a 4300mAh battery with 44W FlashCharge (wired). Thankfully, Vivo is providing a compatible charger inside the box as well—on top of a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, an earphone, and a case. For connectivity, it supports WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, and SA/NSA 5G. While the phone skips on a 3.5mm headphone jack, it does support aptX, aptX HD, and LDAC Bluetooth audio codecs.
Vivo V23 Pro Specifications:
- Body: 73.27 x 159.46 x 7.36mm, 171 gm, AG glass back
- Display: 6.54-inches AMOLED panel, 90Hz refresh rate, Up to 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+, Up to 1300 nits brightness
- Resolution: FHD+ (2376 x 1080 pixels), 398 PPI
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G (6nm)
- Memory: 8/12GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128/256GB UFS 3.1 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 12 with Vivo’s Funtouch OS 12 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 108MP, f/1.88 primary sensor
– 8MP, f/2.2 ultrawide lens, 120º FOV
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro lens
- Front Camera: Dual (50MP f/2.0 primary, 8MP ultrawide)
- Audio: Single bottom-firing speaker, No 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor (optical)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyro, Proximity, E-compass
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Galileo / QZSS / NavIC, USB Type-C, 4G LTE, 5G
- Battery: 4300mAh with 44W FlashCharge (wired)
- Color Options: Stardust Black, Sunshine Gold
Vivo V23 Pro Price in Nepal & Availability
Vivo V23 Pro starts at INR 38,990 in India for the 8/128GB model, while the 12/256GB configuration costs INR 43,990. Its pre-booking starts from January 5 and will be available from January 13. We expect the price of the Vivo V23 Pro in Nepal to start at NPR 71,500 if and when it launches here.
|Vivo V23 Pro||Price in India||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8/128GB||INR 38,990||NPR 71,500|
|12/256GB||INR 43,990||NPR 81,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Vivo V20.