Xiaomi 12 is the middle ground between the 12X and 12 Pro in Xiaomi’s flagship lineup. The phone has now received a price drop in Nepal as a part of the company’s Dashain campaign. So, let’s look at the specs, features, official price, and availability of the Xiaomi 12 in Nepal.
Xiaomi 12 Price in Nepal and Availability
The official price of Xiaomi 12 in Nepal is Rs. 84,999. This price is for the sole 8/256GB variant and can be purchased from Xiaomi authorised retail shops and online partners like Hukut Store.
|Model name||Price in Nepal (Official)|
|Xiaomi 12 (8/256GB)||Rs. 87,999|
Xiaomi 12 Overview:
Xiaomi 12 sports a 6.28″ AMOLED screen with curved sides. It’s an FHD+ panel with support for 12-bit color depth, 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision. This display has also been awarded DisplayMate’s A+ certification.
The back of the phone has an AG glass build, whereas the side frames are metal. Similarly, Xiaomi has used Corning Gorilla Glass Victus on the front. The phone is available in three color options, plus a Special Edition with Wild Green Leather.
Performance and Memory
Like the Xiaomi 12 Pro, this one packs Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset as well. There are three memory configurations to choose from: 8/128GB, 8/256GB, and 12/256GB. All variants use LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. The phone ships with MIUI 13 based on Android 12 out-of-the-box.
Moving on, Xiaomi has included a 2600mm2 vapor chamber cooling to keep the phone’s temperature in check.
- Also Read:
At the back, the phone flaunts a triple camera setup led by a 50MP sensor. Unlike its Pro sibling, Xiaomi 12 is using a 1/1.56″ Sony IMX766 sensor with 2.0μm 4-in-1 pixel binning. The primary sensor even has Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). It is accompanied by a 13MP ultrawide and a 5MP telemacro lens.
Additionally, Xiaomi 12 borrows a feature called “CyberFocus” from the CyberDog. It’s an advanced autofocus system capable of identifying different types of subjects and tracking their movements.
Over on the front, there is a 32MP selfie camera with support for an advanced beauty portrait mode.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, Xiaomi 12 packs a 4,500mAh battery. Sadly, it doesn’t get the same Surge P1 chip as the Pro variant. Regardless, it supports 67W wired, 50W wireless, and 10W reverse wireless charging. Other notable features include an in-display fingerprint scanner, Wi-Fi 6 connectivity, and Bluetooth 5.2.
Xiaomi 12 Specifications:
- Body: 152.7 x 69.9 x 8.16/8.66mm, 179/180gm
- Display: 6.28″ AMOLED panel, 120Hz refresh rate, Up to 480Hz touch sampling rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1100 nits max brightness, 12-bit colors
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 419 PPI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 8/12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128/256GB UFS 3.1 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 12 with Xiaomi’s MIUI 13 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 50MP Sony IMX766, f/1.88 primary lens
– 13MP f/2.4 ultra-wide lens, 123º FOV
– 5MP telemacro sensor (3-7cm)
- Front Camera: 32MP sensor (punch-hole cutout)
- Audio: Stereo speakers by Harman Kardon, Dolby Atmos
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Proximity, Electronic Compass, Linear Motor, IR Blaster
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Beidou / NavIC, NFC, 5G, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4500mAh (single-cell)
- Charging: 67W wired, 50W wireless, 10W reverse wireless
Meanwhile, check out our review of the Xiaomi 12.