Riding on the success of the Xiaomi Mi 9, Xiaomi has today unveiled the Mi 9. The devices have many things in common with the Mi 9. However, there are some exciting updates too that this device packs in it. For instance, the Xiaomi MI 9 Pro will be powered by the latest Snapdragon 855+ and comes with up to 12GB of RAM.
The Mi 9 Pro features a screen similar to the Mi 9. It has a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display panel with an in-display fingerprint sensor. It supports Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. Furthermore, there’s a waterdrop notch up front to house the front camera.
Powered by the octa-core Snapdragon 855+ chipset, this phone should be suitable for powerful mobile gaming. Furthermore, the device also includes a vapor chamber cooling which ensures that the CPU remains cool even if the device is performing an intensive task.
The rear camera on this device is a triple camera setup. The primary lens is of 48 MP and the other two are 12MP telephoto camera and 16MP wide-angle camera. Upfront, there’s a 20MP selfie shooter.
However, the main upgrade in the Mi 9 Pro is its battery. It uses a 4, 000mAh battery that supports 45W wired fast charging. Also, the good thing is that the 45W brick will be provided along with the device itself. Furthermore, 30W wireless fast charging is also supported. It is claimed that with the 45W charger, the device takes 48 minutes to fully charge. Similarly, with the 30W wireless fast charging, it takes the device 69 minutes to charge up to 100%. Moreover, the Mi 9 Pro also supports 10W reverse wireless charging.
Another major upgrade is made on the speakers. Per Xiaomi, the Mi 9 Pro will have the largest sound chamber. It will be the largest of any Mi phones and will sound louder and better. During the unveiling, much emphasis was put on the 5G variant of the device. However, has been reported that a 4G variant will also be available.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mobiles price in Nepal
Xiaomi MI 9 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.38″ Super AMOLED display with resolution 1080 x 2340pixels
- Rear Camera: Triple, 48 MP primary lens with f/1.8 aperture + 12 MP telephot lens with f/2.2 aperture + 16 MP ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 20 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 8GB and 12GB
- Storage: 8/128GB, 8/256GB, 12/256GB and 12/512GB
- Battery: 4000 mAh, 45W Wired Fast Charging and 30W Wireless Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (in-display), accelerometer, gyro, compass, proximity
- Price:8GB/128GB (CNY 3,699 ~$520), 8GB/256GB (CNY 3,799 ~ $534), 12GB/256GB (CNY 4,099 ~ $580) and 12GB/512GB (CNY 4,299 ~ $600)