Acer updated its Nitro series of gaming laptops back in CES 2023 with two models: Nitro 16 and Nitro 17. And the former is finally on its way to Nepal as well. So let’s get into the design, specifications, availability, and expected price in Nepal of the Acer Nitro 16 2023.
Acer Nitro 16 2023 Overview:
Design and Display
The Acer Nitro 16 2023 sports a typical “gaming laptop” look with its neon-accented top cover and up to 4-zone RGB-backlit keyboard. And its build quality is also typical of what you’d expect, with the Nitro 16 weighing a hefty 2.7 kg. It is 28mm thick and comes in a single “Obsidian Black” color option.
The display on the Acer Nitro 16 2023 is a 16″ IPS LCD panel of WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200 pixels). It also has a 165Hz refresh rate, 3ms GtG response time, and 400 nits of peak brightness. Besides that, the laptop supports NVIDIA’s Advanced Optimus, which allows you to switch between the dedicated GPU and the iGPU without requiring a restart.
As for performance, the Nitro 16 2023 is powered by Intel’s 13th Gen or AMD’s Ryzen 7000 series processors. And the AMD version is likely to arrive in Nepal first. Under this, you can configure it with up to Ryzen 7 7840HS, which is an 8-cores / 16-threads CPU with a maximum clock speed of 5.1 GHz. Fabbed under a 4nm process, it also has Radeon 780M graphics which is up to 25% faster than its predecessor.
Other than this, Acer Nitro 16 2023’s discrete GPU options include RTX 4050 with 6GB of GDDR6 VRAM and RTX 4060 with 8GB. Moving on, it comes with 8/16GB of DDR5 RAM and 512GB of PCIe 4.0 SSD. And of course, you can upgrade both RAM and storage down the line as well.
- Also Read:
- Acer Laptops Price in Nepal (Updated)
- Acer Swift Go 14 (2023) with 2.8K OLED display goes official in Nepal
- Deal Alert: Acer Aspire 7 with GTX 1650 is available at an attractive price
Battery and Connectivity
This gaming laptop is fueled by a 4-cell 90Wh battery that fuels up via a 330W 3-pin adapter included inside the box. Wireless connectivity options on the Acer Nitro 16 2023 include WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.1. Moreover, it has dual 2W speakers with DTS:X Ultra surround sound as well.
As for the port selection, this gaming laptop offers one USB 2.0 Type-A, two USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, one USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C port, and one USB 4 port (Type-C). Besides that, there’s also an HDMI 2.1, an Ethernet, a MicroSD card reader, a DC port, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
Acer Nitro 16 2023 Specifications:
- Design & Build: Plastic build
- Display: 16″ IPS LCD panel, 165Hz refresh rate, 400 nits brightness, 3ms GtG response time, Advanced Optimus
- Resolution: WUXGA resolution (1920 x 1200 pixels)
- Keyboard: Chiclet-style backlit keyboard (1 / 4 zone RGB)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 7840HS (8C/16T, up to 5.1 GHz)
- RAM: Up to 32GB DDR5-5600
- Storage: 1x M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD
- NVIDIA RTX 4050 (6GB GDDR6 VRAM)
- NVIDIA RTX 4060 (8GB GDDR6 VRAM)
- Audio: 2x 2W speaker (DTS:X Ultra audio)
- Battery: 90 Wh 4-cell Li-Ion battery
- Power Supply: 330W power adapter
- Connectivity: WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.1, Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- I/O Ports: 2x USB-C (1x USB 4, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2), 3x USB-A (1x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2), 1x 3.5mm jack, 1x RJ45, 1x Micro SD reader, 1x HDMI 2.1
Acer Nitro 16 2023 Price in Nepal and Availability
In India, the price of Acer Nitro 16 2023 starts at INR 114,999 for the 8/512GB configuration with RTX 4050 graphics. Whereas the RTX 4060 variant with 16/512GB memory costs INR 143,558. And we expect the Acer Nitro 16 2023 price in Nepal to start around NPR 198,000 when it launches here shortly.
Acer Nitro 16 2023
Price in India (Official)
Price in Nepal (Expected)
8/512GB, RTX 4050
16/512GB, RTX 4060
- Meanwhile, check out our Lenovo Yoga 9i (2023) review