For all the drone enthusiasts, it’s time for you to shine with the recently launched DJI’s latest drone, DJI Air 3. Finally, after that global release, it is now available in Nepal. So, let’s get into other official details of the DJI Air 3 — including official specs, features, and official price and availability in Nepal.
DJI Air 3 Overview:
Here, some of the interesting features of this under-the-budget DJI Air 3 are the dual cameras and the omnidirectional obstacle sensing. The drone has all the professional features while remaining lightweight.
Dual Camera System and HDR Videos
The DJI Air 3 equips dual cameras with 48 MP photos. The wide-angle camera features a 1/1.3-inch CMOS sensor with a 24mm format equivalent and an f/1.7 aperture. On the other hand, the medium telephoto camera boasts a 1/1.3-inch CMOS sensor with a 70mm format equivalent and an f2.8 aperture.
Notably, the medium telephoto camera offers 3x optical zoom for detailed close-up shots. A key advantage is that both cameras have the same size sensor with a 2.4μm pixel size for a consistent level of image quality throughout.
The DJI Air 3 camera supports dual native ISO for 4K/60fps HDR video, with a maximum recording speed of 4K/100fps without FOV cropping. Both cameras offer 10-bit D-Log M and 10-bit HLG color modes, providing more highlight and shadow details for flexible post-production. Additionally, it can shoot 2.7K vertical video for social media—a first for the Air Series.
- You may also read:
- DJI Mic with up to 14 hours of recording time launched in Nepal
- DJI’s latest compact drone, the Mini 3 is now available in Nepal
- DJI Phantom 4 Pro launched in Nepal for Rs. 2,15,000
- DJI Mini 2 with improved video capability, and performance launched in Nepal
Extended Flight Time
Also, the Air 3 boasts an impressive 46-minute flight time on a regular battery, offering a significant advantage for longer drone sessions. This flight time is 48% more than its previous DJI-Air 2. Moreover, it falls just one minute short of the Mini 3 Pro Intelligent Flight Battery Plus model.
The new battery charging hub supports power accumulation, which allows transferring of power between batteries for extended flight time in the absence of a power supply.
Omnidirectional obstacle sensing
The DJI Air 3 sets a new standard in the Air Series with its inclusion of omnidirectional obstacle sensing. The Air 3 equips the fisheye lenses for forward, backward, left, right, and upward sensing, as well as binocular lenses and a 3D TOF at the bottom. With these, the drone can detect obstacles in all directions for safer flights. To further enhance the flying experience, the Air 3 utilizes APAS 5.0 (Advanced Pilot Assistance System) to actively avoid and bypass obstacles.
With the added convenience of the ActiveTrack function and Advanced RTH (Return to Home), the DJI Air 3 offers fully automatic flight capabilities and worry-free returns.
Video Transmission Range
With DJI O4 technology, the Air 3 offers an impressive video transmission range of 20 km. The Air 3 enhances transmission stability to ensure a safer flight with no stuttered live view. It also supports up to 1080p/60fps live feeds, providing a smoother viewing experience.
DJI Air 3 Specifications:
- Folded (without propellers): 207×100.5×91.1 mm (L×W×H)
- Unfolded (without propellers): 258.8×326×105.8 mm (L×W×H)
- Takeoff Weight: 720 grams
- Battery: 4241mAh (Li-ion 4S), 65W/100W charging power
- Wide: 48MP, 1/1.3″ CMOS, 24mm, f/1.7
- Telephoto: 48MP, 1/1.3″ CMOS, 70mm, f/2.8
- Resolution: 12MP / 48MP
- Videos: 4K/60fs HDR, 4K/100fps Slow-mo
- Video Transmission: O4 (up to 20km at 1080p/30fps, 1080p/60fps)
- Flight Time (Max): Approx. 46 minutes
- Horizontal Speed (Max): 21m/s
- Ascent Speed (Max): 10m/s
- Descent Speed (Max): 10m/s
- Takeoff Altitude (Max): 6000 m
- Safety Features: Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing, Advanced Pilot Assistance System 5.0
DJI Air 3 Price in Nepal and Availability
The DJI Air 3 is now available in Nepal in Fly More Combo. The price is Rs. 218,000 for the one with RC-N2 controller, while you will have to pay Rs. 248,000 for the RC 2 controller. You can buy Air 3 and other DJI drones from the Hukut store in Nepal.
- Meanwhile, check out our review of DJI Mini 3 Pro.