Accident happens. People have their smartphone dropped in Water. Then we panic. But, here is a solution which worked for me and now my phone is working just fine as before.
Smartphone Dropped in Water, Don’t Panic
Here is the procedure on how to fix your smartphone when dropped in water:
Things to do when a smartphone is dropped in Water:
- Do not turn on your phone. Turn it Off if its ON.
- Remove your battery, take out the MicroSD and SIM cards from their slots.
- Take a cloth or paper towel to dab it dry.
- Do not try to blow on it. This could send water into other internal parts of the phone that the water hasn’t reached yet, causing more damage in the process.
- Put the phone in a bag of uncooked rice or silica gel for 48 to 72 hours. The rice/silica gel draws the moisture from the phone.
- If the problem persists, take your phone to the repair center.
This method works if the phone has not been short circuit inside your phone. We would recommend you to change the battery if possible. Battery drained in water are suspected to become bulk and ruin the smartphone.