Huawei P20 Pro was the first smartphone to possess triple camera at the back. And the three cameras on the phone was not really a gimmick. The phone was really great in terms of photography when it comes to real-life usage as well. That’s why the phone has the highest DxOmark score still on this day. The same brand, which rocked the smartphone’s camera aspect, had recently brought its new flagship handsets on the international market. Namely known as the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and the Mate 20, the new handsets feature three cameras at the back, a powerful processor, and the latest version of the Android. And the good news is that among these recently launched two flagships, the premium or the Pro version has finally launched in Nepal.
Talking about the specs, the most exciting feature in the Huawei Mate 20 Pro is its camera. As mentioned earlier, the Mate 20 pro comes with three cameras at the back. But unlike the Huawei P20 Pro, the Mate 20 Pro uses a primary camera backed by an ultra-wide lens and telephoto lens. So users now can not only do the lossless zooming while capturing the images but also can expand the field of view without moving anywhere. On the front, both the camera houses a same 24MP selfie shooter, which is equipped with a f/2.0 lens.
Another cool thing on the phone is its highly powerful Kirin 980 chipset. This new chipset is designed on 7nm architecture and is said to surpass the Snapdragon 845 on the performance front. Alongside this powerful chipset, the phone is also provided with an ample 128GB of storage. In terms of RAM, the Mate 20 Pro comes with 6GB of memory.
Huawei Mate 20 also comes with the latest version of the Android OS, Android Pie to be precise. On the top, Huawei has added its custom skin EMUI 9.0 on the top. So the users can readily see some pre-installed apps on the phone.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Specifications
- Display: 6.39-inch AMOLED display, Gorilla Glass protection
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (1440× 3120 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 538 PPI
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0 on the top
- Chipset: Huawei’s HiSilicon Kirin 980, 7nm mobile platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali G76 MP10
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB; Nano memory (NM) card slot for memory expansion (Uses SIM2 slot)
- Rear Camera: Triple camera – (40 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF/Laser AF) + (20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.7″, PDAF/Laser AF 8 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 5x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF/Laser AF), Leica Optics, Dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 24 MP, f/2.0
- Sensors: Face ID, Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano SIM + Nano SIM/NM), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, No 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 4200mAh with Supercharge technology (40W fast charging), Supports Wireless Fast charging (15watts) and reverse wireless charging
- Colors: Emerald Green, Midnight Blue, Twilight, Pink Gold, Black
- Latest Price: Rs. 1,29,900 [Last updated on: July 25, 2018]
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Price in Nepal
The handset is surely premium in terms of design, looks, and specs and its price has been set accordingly. These handsets already come with a hefty price even on the international market, which reflects on the Nepali market as well. However, the phone is available at a cheaper price when doing the direct translation of its value in the international market. The phone was launched in the international market at the price of $1200 or €1050, which is approximately equal to Rs. 141,000.