With so many smartphones swarming the market these days, what do you do to stand out? Maybe, focus on a specific feature? Well, some smartphone companies are doing just that. As you can tell, Huawei’s P30 and P30 Pro look like smartphones on camera rather than the other way around. And at the same time, we have the new Oppo F11 Pro that puts a focus on its camera prowess as well. Also, what could be a better way to advertise that than let a professional photographer shoot stunning pictures with the Oppo F11 Pro?
Oppo did just that. In the first-ever such collaboration, they got together with mountaineer Dr. Nima Namgyal Sherpa, and professional photographer, Adam Neng. They trekked the Everest Base Camp to capture some of the majestic landscapes that the heavenly place has to offer. And brought some pictures back for us to see. So, yes, this is about the first ever pictures of Mt.Everest taken by the Oppo F11 Pro. Here they are for you to see.
The Oppo F11 Pro features a 48 MP primary camera with f/1.8 aperture and a 5 MP depth sensor. The 48 MP camera, however, is most likely a Samsung’s Bright GM1 sensor as the camera has a Quad-Bayer filter, meaning it uses pixel binning to take 12 MP resolution pictures, but that makes for less noise and more details, too. However, when every other smartphone company is going for a triple camera setup, this one still caps out at two. Of course, we would have loved to see a dedicated Ultra-wide angle sensor, but it misses out on that.
The AI scene recognition is there, which may have been responsible for such majestic photos. Oppo’s Ultra Night Mode also makes its way here, which gives us more balanced pictures at night time. There is definitely some image stacking involved, but the image processing power is definitely there.
Oppo F11 Pro Specifications:
- Design: Plastic body with an aluminum frame, pop-up camera
- Display: 6.53″ IPS LCD display with Full HD+ resolution (1080 x 2340 pixels), 19.5″9 aspect ratio, Edge-to-edge screen, no notch
- Rear Camera: Dual, 48 MP primary with f/1.8 aperture & Quad-Bayer filter + 5 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Pop-up module, 16 MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P70
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 6 GB / 4 GB
- Storage: 128 GB / 64 GB
- Software: Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6
- Battery: 4000 mAh with VOOC 3.0 20-Watt Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass