Samsung’s Galaxy S and Note series lineups represent the best Samsung has to offer. However, facing severe competition from flagship killers from OnePlus and Xiaomi, Samsung decided to launch Lite variants of its flagship smartphones. Samsung launched the Galaxy S10 Lite and Note 10 Lite earlier this year and they were quite well received in the market. Samsung followed it now with the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition which was revealed on Sept 23rd in the Galaxy Unpacked event; the third Unpacked event of the year by the way. The Galaxy S20 FE is an affordable take at the flagship with most of the essential specs intact. Let’s learn more about the Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition including its specs, price in Nepal, availability, and more.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition Overview
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE slots right in the middle of flagship-level devices and the mid-rangers. While there are some obvious compromises in the device, it still has a lot to offer. And most importantly, the S20 FE seems like a device that is perfectly tailored for these torrid times.
The device has a flat 6.5-inch AMOLED display, FHD+ resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. A rather thick bezel surrounds the display. There’s a small punch-hole in the middle to house the 32MP front camera. And like the other devices in the S20 lineup, this too gets an IP68 rating.
There are two variants of the S20 FE – 4G and 5G, and they differ in terms of the specs. For instance, the 4G variants run on Exynos 990 chipset whereas the 5G variants equip the preferable Snapdragon 865 chipset. And given people’s liking for Qualcomm chipsets, I bet most will go after the 5G variant. However, not all regions will offer both variants. In the case of Nepal, we’re getting the Exynos 990 variant of Galaxy S20 FE. Anyway, in both cases, the SoC will be complemented by either 6 or 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB storage.
Matte Plastic Back
Samsung has made some compromises in terms of the rear panel. It is a matte plastic (glasstic) material, which Samsung says is an amalgamation of plastic and glass. And the camera unit seems a bit bulkier. However, the cameras itself are no joke. The setup is similar to that of the Galaxy S20. It comes with a 12MP primary sensor, a 12MP ultra-wide lens, and an 8MP telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. Furthermore, it also offers optical stabilization and 10x digital zoom. The 64MP telephoto lens that we saw on the S20+ is gone, so you will not be able to take 8K videos.
- Also Read: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Review
Other specs include a 4500mAh battery, optical fingerprint sensor, and stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support. I am worried about Samsung’s optical fingerprint sensor here as they are usually slow and responsive. Samsung uses the ultrasonic fingerprint sensor on the flagship phone, so the optical fingerprint sensor on the S20 FE seems ridiculous.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Specifications :
- Display: 6.5-inches; Flat Infinity-O” Super AMOLED panel; 120Hz refresh rate; HDR10+
- Chipset: Snapdragon 865 or Exynos 990; 7nm Mobile Platform
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11 or Adreno 650
- RAM: 6GB; 8GB on the Snapdragon variant
- Storage: 128GB, 256GB (expandable via microSD card slot)
- Software & UI: Android 10 with One UI 2.5 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera;
– 12MP Sony IMX555 primary shooter, f/1.8, OIS, 3x optical zoom
– 12MP ultra-wide sensor, f/2.0
– 8MP telephoto lens, f/2.2
- Front Camera: 32MP sensor, f/2.0
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner (optical)
- Battery: 4,500 mAh, 25W fast charging (15W charger inside the box), Fast wireless Charging 15W, 4.5W Reverse Wireless Charging
- Colors (available in Nepal): Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud Navy
Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition (S20 FE) Price in Nepal
The Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition has been exclusively launched in Nepal via Daraz for Rs. 69,999. This price is for the 8/128GB variant. Similarly, the higher 8/256GB will launch later in Daraz 11.11 Mega Sales day for a price of Rs. 74,999.
|Price in Nepal
|Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (8/128GB)
|Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (8/256GB)
|Daraz 11.11 Sales Day
- Check out our review of Samsung Galaxy S20 and S20+