While the Huawei P30 and the P30 Pro is the talk of the town right now, another one of the P30-series was launched quietly. The P30 Lite did not get to share all that glory, but it is now available for pre-booking in some regions including Nepal. You can pre-book right now in Nepal from e-commerce platform Daraz, Huawei showrooms, and major retail outlets.
Now, with a name like P30 Lite, it might appear as if it’s similar to the likes of Galaxy S10e. But this one is strictly a mid-ranger. Packing the Kirin 710 SoC inside, there’s also 6 GB RAM in it. Internal storage rests as 128 GB but there’s a microSD card slot as well, so, no worries, there.
The P30 Lite also has Fast Charging with its 3340 mAh battery, but it is an 18W charger. So, it won’t be as fast as the P30 or the P30 Pro. Can’t expect that in a mid-range phone anyway!
But what makes it suitable to be in the P30-series is the triple camera it features. This is the first Lite device to sport triple cameras but, the cameras are not the same ones you get on the P30 flagships. Its triple camera setup comprises of a 24 MP primary lens, an 8 MP ultra-wide lens and a 2 MP depth sensor. The front-facing camera, however, is the same as the flagships – a 32 MP shooter!
Aesthetically, the phone has a similar dual-tone gradient coloring and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. There’s also a water-drop notch up front. Its display is a 6.15″ IPS LCD with Full-HD+ resolution. So, not so different from the other mid-range we’re seeing these days, is it? The only thing is, it packs triple cameras, which is right now, only in the Galaxy A50!
Specs Overview | Huawei P30 Lite
- Display: 6.15-inch IPS LCD display
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2312×1080 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 415PPI
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 710
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB; Expandable up to 512GB via SD card slot (Uses SIM2 Slot)
- OS & UI: Android Pie (v9.0) with EMUI 9 on the top
- Rear Camera: Triple camera – (24 MP, f/1.8, PDAF, wide-angle) + (8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 120-degree field of view) + (2MP, f/2.4, depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 3340mAh non-removable Li-Po battery with 18W fast charging support; Uses USB Type-C
- Colors: White, Blue, Black
- Available from: 12th of April, 2019
In addition, this phone will also be available as the Nova 4e in some regions. So, if you think these specs are familiar, then, you might already have heard about it. Pricing for the P30 Lite is listed at CAD 429.95 in the Canadian websites, which is equal to US$320. The Price of P30 Lite in Nepal is, however, Rs. 39,999. But, you do get a free Body Fat Scale which is a cool gadget to measure your body weight, fat, BMI to name a few. I
We’ll make sure you stay updated about this device and how it performs in the real world in our review. So, what do you think of this new mid-ranger? Good, or is it too common? Is Galaxy A50 at Rs. 33,490 a better deal? Let us know in the comments.