Apple launched a bunch of new products, including the all-new iPhone 13 series last night during the “California Streaming” event. Here, we will be looking at the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Apple iPhone 13 in Nepal.
iPhone 13 Overview:
Design and Display
iPhone 13 comes with the same flat edge design that Apple offered in last year’s iPhones. The frame makes use of aluminum while the corners are rounded. Similarly, the notch on the front is also smaller this time.
Moving on, there is not much to talk about the display. This 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR OLED screen is brighter while retaining all the features of its predecessor. Still, it would have been better had Apple included 120Hz ProMotion on the non-Pro iPhone 13s too.
Moving on, the phone has an IP68 rating against dust and water damage. It is offered in five color options: (PRODUCT)RED, Starlight, Midnight, Blue, and Pink.
Performance and Memory
Like the rest of the entries in this lineup, the standard iPhone 13 is powered by the A15 Bionic chipset as well. Apple’s latest mobile silicon is based on TSMC’s 5nm process node and packs 15 billion transistors. Still, the iPhone 13 is not as powerful as its Pro siblings. Here, Apple has included a 6-core CPU and a 4-core GPU—contrary to 5-core GPU on the iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max.
Apple is also claiming a significant boost in machine learning application with its new 16-core Neural Engine, which is capable of 15.8 TOPS.
- Also Read:
At the back, Apple has redesigned the camera bump, where the camera sensors are placed diagonally instead. While the ultra-wide camera has remained unchanged, the primary camera gets a couple of changes.
To start with, it comes with a bigger sensor that can capture 47% more light compared to last year. It’s the same one that was used in last year’s Pro models. Similarly, sensor-shift Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) is now on the vanilla iPhone as well.
With the new Cinematic mode, iPhone 13 can now automatically shift the focus between subjects based on their movement. One can even change the focus after the recording using apps like Photos and iMovie. Like always, there is a 12MP TrueDepth camera on the front.
Rest of the specs
iPhone 13 also brings a bigger battery. Apple claims that the new 3,095mAh cell on iPhone 13 and can last 2 hours more on offline video playback than iPhone 12. The charging speed is the same as last year though.
It supports 20W wired, 15W MagSafe Wireless, and 7.5W Qi Wireless charging. However, you will have to buy the charger separately as Apple doesn’t include one on the box.
iPhone 13 Specifications:
- Dimension: 146.7 x 71.5 x 7.65mm, 174 grams
- Display: 6.1-inch (2532 × 1170 pixels) OLED, 460 PPI, Super Retina XDR
- Chipset: Six-core A15 Bionic 64-bit processor, 16-core Neural Engine
- Storage: 128/256/512GB
- Operating System: iOS 15
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + eSIM), dual eSIM support
- Back Camera: Dual:
– 12MP wide-angle f/1.6 primary camera, 7-elements lens, sensor-shift OIS, True Tone flash with Slow Sync, 4K Dolby Vision video recording at 60 fps,
– 12MP 120° ultra-wide f/2.4 camera, 5-elements lens
- Front Camera: 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash, Dolby Vision HDR recording up to 30 fps, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120 fps
- Security: TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition
- Connectivity: 5G (sub-6GHz and mmWave), Gigabit LTE with 4×4 MIMO and LAA, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS with GLONASS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and Beidou
- Other features: Water and dust resistance (IP68), Stereo speakers
- Battery: 3,095mAh, 20W fast charging, 7.5W Qi Wireless Charging, 15W MagSafe Wireless Charger (No adapter included in the box)
Apple iPhone 13 Price in Nepal and Availability
iPhone 13 will be available from September 24 in the US, at a starting price of USD 829 (carrier-unlocked) for the 128GB variant. Similarly, the 256GB and 512GB models cost USD 929 and USD 1,129, respectively. We expect the price of the Apple iPhone 13 in Nepal to start at NPR 130,000 when it launches here.
|iPhone 13||Price (US)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|128GB||USD 829||NPR 130,000|
|256GB||USD 929||NPR 145,000|
|512GB||USD 1,129||NPR 175,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our long-term review of the iPhone 12.