Last year’s iPhone 12 mini was the worst-performing smartphone of the 12 series in terms of sales. Still, the dismal performance of the iPhone 12 mini has not stopped Apple from launching a follow-up this year. Here, we will be looking at the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Apple iPhone 13 mini in Nepal.
iPhone 13 mini Overview:
Design and Display
Compared to its predecessor, the iPhone 13 mini is both thicker and heavier—albeit only marginally. It comes with the same flat edge design with rounded corners, while Apple has used aluminum for the frame. The phone is IP68-certified against dust and water damage as well.
Moving on, you get the same 5.4-inch OLED screen with Ceramic Sheild on top for protection. Here, Apple has increased the typical max brightness from 625 nits to 800 nits. That being said, the screen can get as bright as 1200 nits during HDR playback.
Apple says it has toned down the size of the notch on the front by 20% as well. Similarly, the dual-camera setup at the back is now arranged diagonally.
Performance and Memory
On the inside, the iPhone 13 mini is powered by the latest A15 Bionic chipset. Based on the same 5nm process node as its predecessor, it now packs 15 billion transistors. Apple didn’t reveal much about the performance of the new CPU and GPU, except that it delivers 50% and 20% performance advantage over the “leading competition”, respectively.
That being said, the new 16-core neural engine can compute 15.8 trillion operations per second (TOPS), resulting in better machine learning performance compared to A14 Bionic’s 11 TOPS.
- Also Read:
As mentioned earlier, iPhone 13 mini flaunts a diagonal dual-camera setup at the back. It uses a bigger sensor with 1.7 μm pixels for the primary wide camera. This allows the camera to capture 47% more light, resulting in brighter and noise-free photos. Similarly, sensor-shift Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) that debuted with iPhone 12 Pro Max is also available here. The ultra-wide camera has remained unchanged though.
Like last year, you can record Dolby Vision HDR videos at up to 4K/30fps. This time, Apple has introduced a new “Cinematic mode” that uses machine learning to automatically switch focus between foreground and background subjects. Users can even change focus after the recording using apps like Photos, iMovie.
Upfront, there is a 12MP TrueDepth camera with Cinematic mode, Smart HDR 4, and more.
Rest of the specs
Apple has also managed to include a bigger 2,406mAh battery, that it claims can last 2 hours more on offline video playback compared to the iPhone 12 mini. It charges over Apple’s proprietary Lightning port. You will have to buy the charger separately as Apple doesn’t include one on the box.
iPhone 13 mini Specifications:
- Dimension: 131.5 x 64.2 x 7.65mm, 141 grams
- Display: 5.4-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) OLED, 476ppi, Super Retina XDR
- Chipset: Six-core A15 Bionic 64-bit processor, 16-core Neural Engine
- Storage: 128/256/512GB
- Operating System: iOS 15
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + eSIM), dual eSIM support
- Back Camera: Dual:
– 12MP wide-angle f/1.6 primary camera, 7-elements lens, sensor-shift OIS, True Tone flash with Slow Sync, 4K Dolby Vision video recording at 60 fps
– 12MP 120° ultra-wide f/2.4 camera, 5-elements lens
- Front Camera: 12MP TrueDepth camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash, Dolby Vision HDR recording up to 30 fps, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120 fps
- Security: TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition
- Connectivity: 5G (sub-6GHz and mmWave), Gigabit LTE with 4×4 MIMO and LAA, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS with GLONASS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and Beidou
- Other features: Water and dust resistance (IP68), Stereo speakers
- Battery: 2406mAh, 20W fast charging, 7.5W Qi Wireless Charging, 15W MagSafe Wireless Charger (No adapter included in the box)
iPhone 13 mini Price in Nepal and Availability
iPhone 13 mini starts at USD 729 (unlocked) for the 128GB variant in the US. Likewise, the 256GB and 512GB variants cost USD 829 and USD 1,029, respectively. We expect the price of the iPhone 13 mini in Nepal to start at NPR 115,000 when it launches here shortly.
|iPhone 13 mini||Price (US)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|128GB||USD 729||NPR 115,000|
|256GB||USD 829||NPR 130,000|
|512GB||USD 1,029||NPR 165,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of iPhone 12 Pro.