The Nepali smartphone market is dominated by the mid-range phones that cost between Rs.20,000 to Rs. 35,000 and the very sweet spot in this price range is the Rs. 25,000 price point. Hence, we’ve made a list of best smartphones under 25000 in Nepal that provides good value for your money.
5Honor 10 Lite
Honor smartphones are usually performance-oriented. And the Honor 10 Lite also falls on a similar category. The handset comes with the Kirin 710 chipset, which is more or less on par with the Snapdragon 660 chipset. The device comes aboard with 3GB of RAM. Although 4GB is usually a norm for the smartphones at this price, 3GB RAM along with the Kirin 710 chipset does a fine job here.
On the optics front, the device features a dual-camera setup. The primary 13MP shooter on the rear panel is accompanied by a 2MP depth sensor. With two cameras in action, Honor 10 Lite captures portrait images really well. On the front lies a 24MP AI-powered selfie shooter.
Honor 10 Lite Specifications:
- Display: 6.21″ IPS display
- Resolution: Full HD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: Dual cameras, 13 MP primary with f/1.8 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single 24 MP with f/2.0 aperture with AI capabilities
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 710
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G51 MP4
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 64 GB (expandable with microSD up to 512 GB using SIM 2 slot)
- Battery: 3400 mAh with Fast Charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0.1 on top
- Features: Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Turbo Boost 2.0
- Colors: Gradient Blue, Gradient Red, Night Black, Lily White
- Price: 24,990
4Samsung Galaxy A30
Galaxy A30 is the least expensive smartphone in Nepal to flaunt the Super AMOLED Full-HD display. With the Super AMOLED panel on the board and with Full-HD resolution at its disposal, the screen on the handset looks all sharp and vibrant. The size of the display here is 6.4-inch, which comes with a tiny notch on the top.
On the camera front, the handset flaunts a dual-camera setup at the back. The primary shooter on this device is backed by an ultra-wide-angle lens. Since other smartphones usually at this price range comes with a depth sensor as a secondary camera, the presence of ultra-wide-angle lens offer better versatility than its competitors.
The phone boots on the latest Android Pie out of the box, which is customized with Samsung’s One UI on the top. The phone gets a 4000mAh battery, which comes with a USB Type-C port for charging. Samsung Galaxy A30 also comes with a 15-watt fast charger out of the box, which is really commendable for a smartphone at this price.
Samsung Galaxy A30 Specifications:
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 403PPI
- Chipset: Exynos 7904 Octa
- CPU: Octa-core (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB; Expandable up to 512GB (Dedicated SD Card Slot)
- OS & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung’s OneUI on the top
- Rear Camera: Dual camera – (16 MP, f/1.7, PDAF) + (5 MP, f/2.2, 12mm, (ultrawide)), LED flash
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000mAh with 15watt fast charging support; USB Type-C port
- Colors: Blue, White, and Black
- Price: 26,990
3Realme 2 Pro
Realme, being the sub-brand of Oppo shares some of the traits with the products from the parent company. Just like most of the Oppo phones, Realme 2 Pro is also centered around the cameras. The camera on this device captures images with abundant details, great color accuracy, and high dynamic range.
Even on the performance front, the smartphone is equally capable. Realme 2 Pro comes with Snapdragon 660 paired with 4GB of RAM. With this setup, the smartphone can run almost all the triple-A titles with decent frame rates. In terms of power, the 3500mAh battery on the device can provide a decent backup. However, unlike the Galaxy A30 and Redmi Note 7, this one comes with the quite antiquated Micro USB port.
Realme 2 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080 Pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 409PPI
- Chipset: Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- RAM: 4GB
- Memory: 64GB storage; expandable up to 256GB (Dedicated Slot Slot)
- Rear Camera: (16 MP, f/1.7, PDAF) + (2MP depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.0
- OS & UI: Android Oreo (v8.1); Planned upgrade to Android Pie
- Battery: 3500 mAh battery
- Price: 25,000
2Redmi Note 7
The major highlight of the Redmi Note 7 is its camera. The handset flaunts a 48MP main shooter, which pulls in plenty of details into the images. However, the smartphone captures 12MP images by default. The device does 4-in-1 pixel binning to merge four pixels to obtain a sharper and brighter subject. If one wishes to capture 48MP images, they can always go through the Pro and select the 48MP resolution.
On contrary to what we used to see on affordable Xiaomi phones, the Redmi Note 7 comes with an appealing design. The device comes with a glass back, which comes with a gradient finish. So despite being an affordable handset, the design looks premium here. The display on this device is shielded by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which ensures better survival drops.
Even on the performance side, the handset is no slouch. The handset boasts Snapdragon 660 chipset, which does most of the job remarkably well. Plus, the inclusion of a sizable 4000mAh battery is a praiseworthy touch.
Redmi Note 7 Specifications:
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Resolution: Full-HD+ (2340×1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- CPU: Octa-core (4x 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + 4x 1.8GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB; Expandable up to 256GB (Uses SIM2 Slot)
- OS & UI: Android Pie (v9) with MIUI 10 on the top
- Rear Camera: 48 MP f/1.8 + 5 MP, f/2.4 depth sensor with LED flash
- Front Camera: 13MP, f/2.2
- Battery: 4000mAh battery; Uses USB Type-C
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Price: Rs. 24,999 (4/64GB)
1Redmi Note 7 Pro
While there were statements about the Redmi Note 7 Pro not making its way to any other markets except India and China, it actually made its way to Nepal – even though it was late. And maybe it did cause some dissatisfaction among those who actually wanted the Redmi Note 7 Pro, but settled for the Redmi Note 7 instead. Anyways, both the phones are available in the Nepali market currently, and for the same price as well! And to me, the choice is obvious!
For starters, the Redmi Note 7 Pro packs the Snapdragon 675 – which is, an immensely better processor than SD 660. Also, even though the camera is a 48 MP on both, the Sony IMX586 sensor on the Note 7 Pro makes it better. In addition, the processing power of the SD 675 makes for better images, without contest! So, for now, the Redmi Note 7 Pro sits at the top of this list.
Redmi Note 7 Pro Specifications:
- Display: 6.3″ LTPS display with Full HD+ resolution (2340 × 1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Rear Camera: (48MP, f/1.79, 1/2″ sensor, IMX586 sensor) + 5MP depth sensor, LED flash
- Front Camera: 13MP
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675; 11nm process
- CPU: Octa-Core SoC (2x Cortex-A76 @2.0GHz + 6x Cortex-A55 @1.7GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 612
- RAM: 6GB/4GB
- Storage: 128GB/64GB
- OS & UI: Android Pie with MIUI 10 on top
- Battery: 4000mAh; USB Type-C port
- Colors: Neptune Blue, Nebula Red, Space Black
- Price: Rs. Rs. 24,999 (4/64GB)