There was a time a few years ago when Rs. 10,000 gave you a ‘lag-laden’ smartphone with only a couple of features. However, with the development of the mobile phone market, smartphones these days have become so feature packed that even the entry-level handsets can fulfill the day-to-day needs of the users. So, today, we have prepared you a list of the very best smartphones that cost Rs. 10,000 and are currently available in the Nepali market. These smartphones, even while coming on a budget, can pack a punch!
3Lava Iris 65
Although the Lava Iris 65 may not have the trendy 18:9 aspect ratio like the Pride 5X, it comes with 2.5D curved glass on the top to offer a more seamless look and feel.
On the software side, the smartphone comes with Android Go edition of the Android Oreo. Since Android Go is the optimized version of the full-fledged Android version, even 1GB of RAM would be enough to run the day-to-day tasks. There is also 8GB onboard memory to store all sorts of files and photos. In terms of camera, the Lava Iris 65 features a 5MP camera on the back and a 5MP selfie shooter.
- Display: 5.0-inch HD IPS display with a 2.5D arc on the top
- CPU: Quad-core 1.3Ghz MediaTek MT6739
- OS: Android Oreo (Android Go edition)
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal Storage:8GB
- Primary Camera:5MP
- Secondary Camera:5MP
- Battery: Removable 2500mAh Polymer
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Light sensor, G-sensor
- Colors: Gold, Black, Blue
- Price: Rs. 9,699
2Colors Pride 5X
Colors, the Nepali smartphone brand understands the needs of the homeland and brings smartphones accordingly. And talking about the Colors Pride 5X, the handset is no exception. It is the only smartphone on our list to come with a dual camera setup at the back. So despite being an entry-level device, the handset can capture portrait images as well.
Even on the display front, Colors has included the latest and the trendy hardware. The 5.45-inch display on this device features HD+ resolution and comes in an 18:9 aspect ratio, which is not usually seen on the entry-level device. Although the performance of the device may not be top notch with its MediaTek 6737 chipset, Colors has been generous on the memory front and has provided 2GB RAM and 16GB of storage. The size of the battery is equally impressive here. The 3000mAh battery on the device provides a decent backup.
Furthermore, Colors Pride 5X is the only smartphone in this list to come with a fingerprint sensor. The handset also comes with Face Unlock feature. With this feature, you can be worry-free when it comes to the device’s security.
Colors Pride 5X Specifications:
- Display: 5.45-inch HD+ Full View display with Dragontrail glass protection
- CPU: 1.3 GHz Quad Core MediaTek MT6737
- OS: Android Oreo (v8.1)
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Mali-T720 MP1
- Storage:16 GB, expandable up to 128 GB
- Rear Camera: 8MP + 0.3MP, LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP, LED Flash
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Fingerprint sensor (Rear mounted)
- Battery: 3,000mAh removable battery
- Price: 9,999
Redmi Go is Xiaomi’s first take on the entry-level category and it is one of the value for money device for the price. The smartphone comes with Android Go version of the Android Oreo. So 1GB of RAM may suffice the needs while multitasking or switching between the apps. On the memory front, the phone gets 8GB of onboard storage.
Performance is the strong suit of the Xiaomi phones. And the Redmi Go is no exception. It comes with Snapdragon 425 chipset, which is a decent performer for the price. Talking about the camera, the 8MP rear camera and the 5MP selfie shooter does a noteworthy job.
Redmi Go Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch HD IPS display
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- RAM: 1 GB
- GPU: Adreno 308
- Storage: 8 GB, expandable up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera:8MP with LED flash and HDR
- Front Camera:5MP
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- Price: 8,999