After launching the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2-powered X40, Motorola is now looking to strengthen its budget and mid-range portfolio. Motorola just launched a bunch of new smartphones yesterday, including the new G23, which we will be discussing in this article. So, let’s look into the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Moto G23 in Nepal.
Moto G23 Rumors Roundup:
Design and Display
Motorola has tweaked the design of the Moto G23 a bit. The most noticeable change is the new camera bump. Compared to its predecessor, the G23 has a rectangular module with rounded corners. Likewise, there are three new color options to choose from—Matte Charcoal, Steel Blue, and Pearl White. That said, Motorola is still continuing the flat-edged design of the G22.
The phone also inherits the 6.5-inch IPS display with 90Hz refresh rate and 400 nits of brightness of its predecessor. Unfortunately, the resolution also remains unchanged at 1600 x 720 pixels.
Performance and Memory
The biggest update on the Moto G23 comes in the form of the chipset. Moto has opted for the MediaTek G85 chipset which is a massive jump from the Helio G37. It has a two-cluster CPU consisting of two Cortex-A75 (@2GHz) and six Cortex-A55 (@1.8GHz). Likewise, the Mali-G52 is also a much better GPU than IMG PowerVR GE8320.
The chip is paired with up to 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB of eMMC storage. There is also a base variant with 4GB of RAM.
You might also like:
- Lenovo announces laptop-inspired ThinkPhone by Motorola
- Motorola Moto G13’s first renders leaked ahead of launch
- Motorola Moto X30 Pro launched as world’s first 200MP camera smartphone
Moving on, you get a triple camera setup at the back of the Moto G23. The primary camera remains the same at 50MP. However, Motorola has done away with the 2MP depth with the 5MP ultrawide sensor doubling as a depth sensor. Over on the front, the phone retains the 16MP selfie sensor, housed inside the punch-hole cutout.
Rest of the Specs
Fueling the Moto G23 is a 5,000mAh battery with support for 30W TurboPower charging. On the audio front, the phone offers stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos and Snapdragon Sound. Other highlights of this phone include stereo speakers a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and NFC support. It also ships with the Android 13-based My UX out of the box.
Motorola Moto G23 Specifications:
- Body: PMMA Build,162.7 x 74.66 x 8.19 mm, 184.25 gm
- Display: 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel, 90Hz refresh rate, 400 nits
- Resolution: HD+ resolution (1600 x 720), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G85 (12nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 4/8GB RAM, 128GB storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: Android 13 with My UX on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (50MP primary, 5MP ultra-wide, 2MP macro)
- Front Camera: 16MP, f/2.45 sensor (punch-hole cutout)
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 30W charging
- Connectivity: Dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11 ac), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Color Options: Matte Charcoal, Steel Blue, Pearl White
Moto G23 Expected Launch Date and Pricing
The Moto G23 will debut in Europe in the coming days with a starting price of EUR 199. Motorola will then make the phone available in Latin American and Asian markets. We expect the price of Moto G22 in Nepal to start at NPR 29,999. For reference, the price of the Moto G22 in Nepal is Rs. 22,499.
|Motorola Moto G23||Price in Europe (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/128GB||EUR 199||NPR 29,999|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Motorola Moto G52.