Samsung has been slashing the price of S-variants of A-series in recent days. They dropped the price of A10s, A30s, A50s, and A70s. Now, its time for Galaxy A20s as Samsung has revealed the new price of A20s in the Nepali market.
Galaxy A20s Overview
The all-new Samsung Galaxy A20s comes in 2 variants: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. Although the screen size is bigger just by a bit (6.5 inches), the screen resolution remains the same as the A20. However, this time the A20s utilizes an IPS LCD panel instead of a Super AMOLED.
Another area where A20s compromises is the chipset; Snapdragon 450 powers the new phone this time, instead of Exynos 7884. All other features of the phone seem the same. There is the same 4000 mAh battery with 15W fast charging. The same Android 9 Pie with One UI topping it off, is what you get in the A20s. It also offers a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and also offers face unlock for authentication.
The only improvement is in the camera setup. The Galaxy A20s comes with the triple rear camera setup. The two cameras out of the three are the same as the A20, 13MP primary camera and an 8MP ultra-wide. But, adding to the setup is a 5MP depth-sensing camera. This might ensure better bokeh and edge detection in the portrait shots.
Samsung Galaxy A20s Specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch IPS LCD Infinity-V display
- Resolution: HD+ (1560 × 720 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio @ 264PPI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- Processor: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 3/4GB
- Storage: 32/64GB, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card (Dedicated slot)
- OS & UI: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
- Rear Camera: (13MP, f/1.9, wide-angle) + aperture) + (8MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle) + (5MP, f/2.2, depth sensor), LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 4,000mAh battery with 15-watt fast charging
Samsung Galaxy A20s Price in Nepal & Availability
Samsung Galaxy A20s (3GB RAM,32GB storage) is now priced at Rs. 18,899 (previously Rs. 19,899) whereas 4GB RAM, 64GB storage variant of the Galaxy A20s costs Rs.21,199 (previously Rs. 23,099).
The Samsung Galaxy A20s, like the Galaxy A30s, offers a minimum upgrade over its predecessor. The competition is really fierce in the sub-20K smartphone segment. For the price of Rs. 19,000, there’s Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 that offers Full HD display, much powerful Snapdragon 665, and a 48MP quad-camera. So, despite the price drop, the Galaxy A20s still is an underpowered phone as compared to its competition.
Also Watch: Samsung Galaxy A20s Review