Aiming at the budget smartphone market, Redmi has launched a new device under the number series, called the Redmi 10. It features significant upgrades over the Redmi 9 from last year in almost all aspects. So, let’s get into the specs, features, availability, expected price of Redmi 10 in Nepal.
Redmi 10 Overview:
Design and Display
The design of the Redmi 10 is in line with the Redmi Note 10 series’ “Evol.” design. It features a plastic build and weighs around 181 grams.
On the front, it has a 6.5-inch LCD panel with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. The device sports an AdaptiveSync refresh rate, which cleverly changes refresh rate between 45Hz, 60Hz, and 90Hz based on the content on the screen. Likewise, there’s Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on the front.
Moreover, there’s a centrally aligned punch-hole camera on the front. Redmi 10 comes in three colors — Carbon Gray, Pebble White, and Sea Blue. The first two feature a matte finish whilst the latter has a glossy finish.
- Also Read:
Powering the device is the MediaTek Helio G88 chipset coupled with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. To note, it’s the first device to feature this new chipset. As for software, it comes pre-installed with Android 11-based MIUI 12.5.
Furthermore, the phone is backed by a 5,000mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging and 9W reverse charging. Redmi includes a 22.5W adapter included inside the box as well.
In terms of optics, the Redmi 10 has a quad-camera setup over on the rear. It consists of a 50MP primary, 8MP ultra-wide, two auxiliary 2MP sensors for macro and portrait shots. For selfies and video calls, it uses an 8MP snapper. In terms of video, both the front and back camera can record up to 1080p/30fps videos.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, Redmi 10 brings a stereo-speaker setup like the Note 10 series, while a 3.5mm audio jack tags along as well. For biometrics, it has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. Similarly, the device comes with a hybrid SIM slot.
Redmi 10 Specifications:
- Body: 161.95 x 75.53 x 8.92mm, 181 gm
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD, AdaptiveSync (45/60/90Hz), Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G88 4G (12nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64/128GB eMMC storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: MIUI 12.5 on top of Android 11
- Rear Camera: Quad (50MP primary, 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP macro, 2MP depth)
- Front Camera: 8MP (punch-hole)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1
- Battery: 5,000mAh with 18W charging
- Color options: Pebble White, Carbon Gray, Sea Blue
Redmi 10 Price in Nepal and Availability
Xiaomi has announced the Redmi 10 in the global market at a starting price of USD 179 for the 4/64GB variant. The phone will be available starting August 20—although the exact markets haven’t been announced yet. We expect the price of Redmi 10 in Nepal to start from NPR 25,000 when it launches here shortly.
|Redmi 10||Price (Global)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/64GB||USD 179||NPR 22,000|
|4/128GB||USD 199||NPR 23,000|
|6/128GB||USD 219||NPR 26,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Redmi Note 10 Pro Max.