Samsung has slashed the price of its flagship Galaxy S22 Ultra in Nepal. In this article, we will be discussing the key specs, features, availability, and updated price of the new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra in Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Overview:
Design and Display
The Galaxy S22 Ultra takes design cues from the Galaxy Note lineup. It now has a boxy design and a completely new camera housing which differentiates it from both its predecessor and the rest of the S22 lineup.
Compared to its predecessor, it now has a boxy design and completely new camera housing. Moreover, while the S21 Ultra already supported S-Pen, the S22 Ultra now brings a built-in silo for the stylus. The pen here has 70% less latency than Note 20 Ultra’s S-pen. More specifically, Samsung has brought down the input latency from 9ms to just 2.8ms here.
Over on the front, it boasts a 6.8-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X panel with a QHD+ resolution, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, and 1750 nits of peak brightness. Unlike the other two devices in the series, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra’s display curves at the two edges.
This display brings a new feature called “Vision Booster” which improves the screen’s visibility based on the ambient light intensity. You can crank up the touch sampling rate to 240Hz in the game mode. Similarly, it has Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection both on the front and the back.
Moreover, the S22 Ultra is IP68-certified for dust and water resistance. It is available in four color options—Phantom Black, Phantom White, Green, and Burgundy. However, the Phantom White option isn’t available in Nepal right now.
At its core, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 or Exynos 2200 processor. While the Nepali market usually got the Exynos variant of Samsung’s Galaxy “S” series of smartphones, that’s not the case this time around.
Galaxy s22 Ultra arrives with snapdragon 8 gen 1 chip in Nepal.
This chipset has been coupled with 8 or 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 1TB of UFS 3.1 internal storage. However, only the 12GB variant of the S22 Ultra is available in Nepal with two memory configurations: 256GB and 512GB. As for the software, it runs on Android 12-based OneUI 4 and the company has promised 4 years of Android upgrades and 5 years of security patches.
You might also like:
- S22 Ultra Vs iPhone 13 Pro Max Gaming Test [Video]
- S22 Ultra Vs iPhone 13 Pro Max Gaming Test [Article]
Despite early rumors of an Olympus-branded 200MP penta-camera setup, Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra comes with a quad-camera setup at the back. Leading the array is an improved 108MP primary sensor with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). This is accompanied by a 10MP periscope telephoto lens with 10x optical zoom and another 10MP periscope lens with 3x digital zoom. At last, there’s a 12MP ultra-wide lens with a 120° field-of-view (FOV).
The primary and the ultrawide lens are now covered by Super Clear Glass which reduces lens flare. At the front, it has a 40MP sensor in the punch-hole cutout. Furthermore, the S22 Ultra has a 2.4um pixel sensor—Samsung’s largest pixel sensor ever—which captures more light.
There is now a feature called Adaptive Pixel which dynamically switches between 12.5MP and 108MP based on the surrounding light. It can even shoot simultaneously at the two modes and combine results for better photos.
As hinted by early rumors, the Samsung S22 Ultra has a lot of new camera software features. Features such as Detail Enhancer, Auto Framerate, and Super Night Solution were showcased at the launch event. Since then Samsung has also added the capabilities to take “Astrophotos” and multi-exposure shots in Expert RAW and Camera Assistant via software updates.
You might also like:
- Blind Camera Test: Samsung Galaxy S22+ vs Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Traveling with Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra [Vlog]
Rest of the specs
Fueling the device is a 5000mAh battery that supports 45W fast charging. Besides, it also supports 15W wireless charging and Wireless PowerShare. For biometrics, it has an ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor.
Galaxy S22 Ultra Specifications:
- Body: 163.3 x 77.9 x 8.9mm, 229 grams, IP68 rated, Gorilla Glass Victus+, Aluminum frame, S-pen support
- Display: 6.8-inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O, Gorilla Glass Victus+, Adaptive 120Hz refresh rate, Vision Booster
- Resolution: WQHD+ (3200 x 1440 pixels)
- Chipset: Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1x Cortex-X2 + 3x Cortex-A710 + 4x Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- RAM: 8/12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128/256/512GB, up to 1TB UFS 3.1 internal storage
- Software & UI: One UI 5 on top of Android 13
- Rear Camera: Quad (with LED flash)
– 108MP f/1.8 primary lens, OIS, PDAF
– 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle lens, 120º FOV
– 10MP f/2.4 telephoto lens, 3x optical zoom
– 10MP f/4.9 telephoto lens, 10x optical zoom
- Front Camera: 40MP, f/2.2 lens (punch-hole)
- Security: Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 5000mAh with 45W fast charging, 15W wireless charging
- Connectivity: 5G, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, Ultra Wide Band
- Color Options in Nepal: Phantom Black, Green, Burgundy
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 179,999 (12/256GB)
- Also Read: Samsung Mobiles Price in Nepal
- Check out the full specifications of the S22 Ultra with comparisons here.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Price in Nepal [Official]
The latest price of the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra in Nepal is Rs. 169,999. This price is for the 256GB variant and includes free one-year breakage insurance.
|Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra||Price in Nepal (Official)|
- Meanwhile, check out our Galaxy S22 Ultra long-term review: